blog Followers

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Think, questions without answers


There are many timeless questions that each person asks of himself:

Who am I?
 
Why am I here?
 
Who is God?
 
Why do bad things happen to good people?
 
How was the world created?
 
What happened to the dinosaurs?
 
What do I do if there is a catastrophic event?
 
Why does money exist?
 
Who really is in charge of this _____?


Obviously this list could get pretty long.  I once considered these questions vital and important.  Once I turned my life over to God, the big questions became small and unimportant. God had it all covered.

However, I am concerned about other things, and have created a new list:

Where did I park the car?
By the way, where are the car keys?
 
Did I close the garage door?
 
What is the expiration date on _____?
 
What is that person’s name—the one approaching me with a big smile?
 
Where is the next exit off the freeway?
 
Where is the closest bathroom?
I mean it, where is the closest bathroom?
 
What is the price of this___?  The print is too small.

These are pretty basic questions, I’ll give you that.
But, they matter to me.
 
I suspect there are many readers who could add to this list.



Any other questions you would suggest?
 
This is a repost from 2011.  Sometimes when I look back at some old posts, I have two thoughts: Dang! That's pretty good and What was I thinking? Do you ever do that?

 

24 comments:

  1. I also need to know where the closest bathroom is and does it have toilet paper or have they allowed it to run out? I also need to know where the closest shops are and which buses go to the major shopping centres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add me to those who NEED to know where the closest facilities are. And whether they are usable, or I would rather wet myself. At least one facility in our city centre falls into that category - or did the only two times I stepped inside. And out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen and walked out of those hell holes as well.

      Delete
  3. hubby says I know where the closest bathroom is in every space, park, building we enter. that is a MUST... all of your questions I have asked myself many times. the one most asked now, is what was I about to say? mid sentence, the subject I am speaking about goes POOF into thin air and sometimes never returns. what was I thinking? that may be the most asked question in my life. when I look back and EPISODES that have been created by me, myself and I, that is the first question asked. glad to know I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that! I get distracted by anything, and then the sentence train just stops.

      Delete
  4. Oh, boy, Susan, those questions sure sound familiar to me at my age! As we've just joined a new church, I'm trying to memorize names and faces every week. Happy to say I'm doing better than I'd hoped. That trend needs to continue.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we first moved to this retirement community, I made it a point to know names. Someone asked me if this was an Alzheimer's exercise. I guess it is.

      Delete
  5. "The print is too small." I've heard of people using their cell phones to take pictures of the price tags so they can blow them up to readable size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently this afternoon, my question would be, "How do I get a straight answer?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once, I met a guy at a craft fair that I did not recognize. He knew me, and he reminded me that we had known each other in high school. Then I remembered him. (He looked very different. He did not have a full beard in high school.) I think if someone knows you, it's best to not know them until they tell you, because once this guy gave me his name, I knew him instantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. My problem is that I find myself seeing someone and absolutely no clue who they are now.

      Delete
  8. Another one i sometimes ask now, is there still enough money in the checking account to pay this bill?

    The rest of them are good, too, and yes, the first list is covered, He has it all in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. completely sure that God is in charge
    even when we think we have control over everything God smiles on us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the questions. Sometimes I have answers and other times I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh this is so true. The big questions give way to the little daily life questions ::),

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God has all questions answered. The small print is really irritating.

      Delete
  12. This is a funny post and all too true. Timeless

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!