
Samuel stared through the bars
as he groaned at this unjust incarceration. What had he done? Just
the usual stuff, but this time? I got
caught big time.
He coughed up a ball of green-yellow phlegm, spitting it on the floor beyond the bars. Heh,
heh, heh… Samuel had been charged with disturbing the peace, marking graffiti
on public walls, and destruction of property.
That last one gave him joy. With just a plastic knife, Samuel had
stabbed a piece of furniture, tossing foam and stuffing everywhere. Good times.
Samuel then realized that his
diaper was beyond damp, it
was dripping. “MAMA!” he cried, with big tears. Sometimes being the not-yet-potty-trained was a blessing.
This is from 2014 (Nine years?) and the underlined words are from Delores who set up a writing challenge for every writer, Wednesday Words. Delores retired from this and handed it over to some very talented bloggers Drifting through life and Elephant's Child. Please head on over to those sites, and see what other bloggers are creating.
clever story. Short and sweet and (stinky) but in a good way.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy telling a story with few words.
DeletePhlegm is a nasty looking word to go along with the definition of it.
ReplyDeletePhlegm is not a word I get to write at all. Now I can check it off my list.
DeleteI hope Samuel soon learns to restrain his urges.
ReplyDeleteChances are he will move into a career that will use his skills.
DeleteSamuel is a master manipulator. And it is just as well that the Samuel's of this world are cute.
ReplyDeleteToddlers have manipulation skills.
Deletelove it and unexpected. I can SEE it happening.
ReplyDeleteThe Phlegm image is a tone setter.
DeleteHave I been reading you for that long?!?! I actually remember this story.
ReplyDelete2014? That long? Glad you enjoyed it.
DeleteSamuel strikes again.
ReplyDeleteHe was hiding in the files.
DeleteLOL, I was so concentrating on how you took those words to make a crime story, the ending completely got me!
ReplyDeleteJust what I was hoping.
DeleteSamuel needs some training, all right, more than just the potty variety.
ReplyDeleteHe would be a challenge to train.
DeletePhlegm definitely brings up a gross image.
ReplyDeletebabies + snot are inevitable.
Delete