There are many timeless questions that each person asks of himself:
Who am I?
Why am I here?
Who is God?
Why do bad things happen to good people?
How was the world created?
What happened to the dinosaurs?
What I do if there is a catastrophic event?
Why does money exist?
Who really is in charge of this _____?
Obviously
this list could get pretty long. I once considered these questions
vital and important. Once I turned my life over to God, the big
questions became small and unimportant. God had it all covered.
However, I am concerned about other things, and have created a new list:
Where did I park the car?
By the way, where are the car keys?
Did I close the garage door?
What is the expiration date on _____?
What is that person’s name—the one approaching me with a big smile?
Where is the next exit off the freeway?
Where is the closest bathroom?
I mean it, where is the closest bathroom?
What is the price of this___? The print is too small.
These are pretty basic questions, I’ll give you that.
But, they matter to me.
I suspect there are many readers who could add to this list.
Any other questions you would suggest?
This is a repost from 2011. Sometimes when I look back at some old posts, I have two thoughts: Dang! That's pretty good and What was I thinking? Do you ever do that?



I can relate to your new list! I'd add 'How many times will I get up and use the bathroom tonight?' which is always my thought right before going to bed. (Which is why knowing where the bathroom is ranks high!)
ReplyDeleteI understand. Totally.
Deletethis one gave me chuckles dear Susan
ReplyDeletei agree that we all are curious once in a while in certain part of age and we try to find answers according to our approach .but to some former questions come later in life and stay forever ,consider me one of them :)
my earlier questions were why inequality exist ,(got the answer) this one made me cry for years but with answers came few more questions so this seems cycle never ending :)
trying to figure out as what is i meant to do i suppose
hugs
Thank you for sharing that with me.
Deletethe one question in the first list that I still ponder, is why do bad things happen to good people. My mother and my aunt were as close to being saints as a person can be, they both died early aunt with cancer and mother with congestive heart failure. the uncle married to the angel aunt was the worlds largest SOB, abusive, and just a horrible person. he lived well into his 90's and prospered doing it. I see it all the time, really bad things taking away good people while the evil live on and on.
ReplyDeleteabout the 2nd list, i laughed but not TOOO loud because every single question is ME... bathrooms get 5 Stars as most important. Where is the dang phone? Why did I pick the phone up? who was I about to text? What was the important question I was about to ask Google?
Love the post and glad you reposted. Yes, I do read old post and think Wow! I wrote that, its really funny and also say to others what was I thinking?
That SOB is facing God with a load of sins in his pocket. God is just.
Deletequestion for you as a writer. what do you do when your stressfull situation is killing your mojo for writing, mind refusing to see humor in all situations?
ReplyDeleteWatch movies that you enjoy, ask yourself "why", and go from there. Sometimes just a line from that inspires me.
DeleteGlad I can comment again. Enjoyed the list and like a lot of old people the bathroom is a BIG concern. When away from the RV for awhile in stores, malls, flea market, I can tell you where the nearest one is within minutes, because that will be my destination soon for sure.
ReplyDeleteAnyway Questions? I have been asking a lot lately dealing with a huge family situation. Knowing my questions only God can answer. Of course I enjoyed the comments too. MadS.. is true about the good and bad......
From the first coast
Sherry & jack
But lady you have a good day.,
Why is a question I am asking a lot.
DeleteI really only glance back at previous posts when I want to link to a story I told before. Then, I'm usually thinking, What, did I not actually write that blog post?
ReplyDeleteYes, that is true.
DeleteThose are certainly questions we older folks ask all the time. Funny!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Susan!
My list is getting longer.
DeleteThese are great! Feels good knowing I'm not a lone ranger.
ReplyDeleteFor sure. The missing keys seems a common theme!
DeleteWhat is my husband going to lose today, and how many times is he going to call me at work? Those are important to me.
ReplyDeleteExactly. I have a few more questions to write down someday.
DeleteWhy do governments never suffer when the rest of us are told to tighten our belts and suck it up?
ReplyDeleteA question that is wondered by many!
DeleteIf and when I'm on the road,I'm not asking where the nearest bathroom is, but where the nearest bush is:)
ReplyDeleteNow that is desperation.
Delete