![]() |
| More photos available that are truly worthwhile to see at Peterson's Donut Corner in Escondido, CA I drove by this corner nearly every day on my way to teaching; I did not stop. |
Yesterday, another bad movie has appeared: The Attack of the Killer Donuts.
Donuts/doughnuts should never have this moniker. Yes, donuts are bad for us.* Fried and covered with some sort of sweet stuff, donuts are bad for us and technically could be blamed as a part of a diet that could really add to health problems. But, oh yes, they are good.
This has everything a bad movie should have, including a scantily clad girl # scampering to get away from the donuts. It has experienced actor C. Thomas Howell as the "name" that is supposed to give the movie some credit.
In the past history of "Attack of the....." movies, here are some titles:
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes,
Attack of the Clones (Star Wars),
Attack of the Dead Men (which is a serious accounting of WW1 German poisonous gases),
Attack of the 50 ft. woman, and
Attack of the Titans (anime--Japanese animation that actually is not bad).
There are others that I cannot find, but this title is too good to waste. It could be argued that "Godzilla Attacks" could qualify.
These movies appeal to my husband and surely other men who like to ridicule them but continue to watch them.
As my husband watches these works of art and I write, head phones are a marvelous invention.
*Okay, they are bad for us, but once now and then? I leave that up to you.
# Scantily clad girl. Does she survive? Hmm.

I hope this photo can be seen.

Not for me. Though most movies fall into that category.
ReplyDeleteAn early boyfriend took me to see 'Grizzly'. A relationship which was doomed (like the nubile young things in the movie) very early.
I don't remember "Grizzly" but it sounds like something my husband would love.
DeleteThat movie could leave him terrified of anything donut shaped...tires for instance....
ReplyDeleteTires? He isn't excited about them. Pizza? Yes.
DeleteOh my.
ReplyDeleteYou know it.
DeleteC. Thomas Howell - how low will you go? Well, Eric Roberts did do Sharktopus...
ReplyDeleteI guess these actors (and others) had their days in the sun. Now, they will basically take any role.
DeleteThat is one terrifying doughnut!
ReplyDeleteSure is.
DeleteHappy weekend! It's finally cooling off here. Hope it is for you, too.
DeleteHowell sure is scraping bottom of the barrel haha
ReplyDeleteGotta pay the bills somehow.
DeleteI assume these movies were free.
ReplyDeleteThey can always be found on a channel like SyFy or one that has such classy movies.
DeleteFor some reason that sounds familiar. Not that I've seen it. But for some reason I think I heard of it. I hope you weren't stuck sitting through it, too.
ReplyDeleteOh, no. It was full of commercials, so I didn't hear or see it.
DeleteThe scantily clad girl survives to tell the tale. OMG. She too lovely running in her tight naughty shorts with her blonde golden hair flowing off her back like a waterfall. She's too sexy to be eaten by the killer doughnuts, lol
ReplyDeleteOh, those are the best kind to be eaten!
DeleteThis was funny! Men LOL!
ReplyDeleteMen, indeed.
DeleteOff topic. How is your daughter's writing going?
ReplyDeleteMy daughter has had one book published, two on contract. Thanks for asking! I am so proud of her.
DeleteHeadphones are a marvelous invention, especially if there's a cheesy movie running in the background. ;) Here to wish you a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteAnd one to you!
DeleteSmiling. I know you are:)
DeleteKiller Donuts? Now I've heard everything. Yikes. Next time I indulge, I'll be inspecting my doughnut very carefully before I bite into it. I think I have about two doughnuts a year, so I should be safe.
ReplyDeleteWould the jelly filled (lemon or custard) be safe to eat. I mean, those really don't have a center? Not raspberry, of course.
DeleteKiller donuts, eh? Well, they DO have a propensity for clogging our arteries with a lard-like substance, I suppose...
ReplyDeleteToo funny. Not my kinda movie, though. Since your hubby is such a big fan of bad movies, I trust you and your daughter don't let him beta-read your writing. Not nearly bad enough...
He is very good at spelling and punctuation. No beta-reading.
DeleteI don't need to see donut pictures. Now I'm going to start craving them. I've been on a donut fixation of late. I'm ripe for an attack of Killer Donuts. If they did it with tomatoes then why not donuts?
ReplyDeleteArlee Bird
Tossing It Out
When I wrote this, I craved a donut very very much.
DeleteI saw killer tomatoes and still remember it.
haha i thoroughly enjoyed your post dear Susan :)
ReplyDeleteyour husband sounds like fun loving person who prefer light movies rather than really heavy and serious ones
glad you shared this fun trailer it made me laugh lol
Glad it was entertaining! My husband does enjoy movies that entertain him, like killer donuts. I am more into Fast and Furious.
DeleteI think I'm experiencing the attack of the killer pastries! OMG! I feel my blood sugar elevating just by looking at those pictures :)
ReplyDeleteOh yes. I find my hand starting to reach for a pastry and have to slap it down.
DeleteAnd now you've made me want a donut! :-) I'm a sucker for sweets.
ReplyDeleteWe should form a club.
DeleteCongrats to your daughter on her published book and books ready to be published. Hope things are working out for her.
ReplyDeleteEditing is such a time consuming writing. Crossing out sections, moving, re-writing a whole character...she loves it and she hates it. thanks for thinking about her. I appreciate that.
DeleteOh how I enjoyed this. I live with one of my sons. Whenever he turns on one of these awful movies I also put on my headphones. If I ask him about his choice of entertainment he only tells me that it is so stupid that it's funny. Go figure. As far as the scantily clad maiden... of course she survives. The handsome young man will rescue her at the last minute. They then have a romantic moment and live happily ever after.
ReplyDeleteThey usually have a brief hug and then one of them dies. I wish these movies followed the happily-ever-after formula, but they don't. Thanks for stopping by!
Delete"The Attack of the Killer Donuts" must be Homer Simpson's worst nightmare! Thanks for popping by my blog today, Susan!
ReplyDeleteHomer Simpson! I had forgotten his donut obsession! Thanks for checking me out!
Delete50 foot Woman was a classic for sure!
ReplyDeleteSo many of these in 1950s-60s. These were classics.
DeleteI have never succumbed to watching any of these movies. total waste of brain power totally inane and impossible. I can only assume most of the cast are predominately Nuts.
ReplyDeleteThank you for calling at my blog
I think they were desperate. Any money was good. But they were also a bit Nuts.
DeleteDear Susan, I'm stumped as to how to respond to this posting! I've never seen any of these movies, I'm more a "Downton Abbey" and "Polkark" fan as well as any theater movie that has Tom Hanks or several other actors I don't like to miss. Because of not driving and not having any friends who particularly like to go to the movies, I now get all mine as DVDs from the Library. I just watched the animated "The Breadwinner" about a young girl living in Afghanistan among the Taliban. It's a wonder of a film despite making me sorrow. I also recently watched "High Noon," "Their Finest Hour," "the Darkest Hour," and "the Man who Invented Christmas." So because of my library I get to see the top films of the day! Peace.
ReplyDeleteThe Darkest Hour was superb. We were at the theater and Gary Oldman was such a perfect actor for this role. I clapped at the end (which a movie reached me), and no one else did. In fact, all the movies you listed were excellent.
DeleteAttack movies are not high on quality, actors, scripts, plots, special effects, etc. Just ridiculous.
Good to see your name!!
Thanks for stopping my blog Susan. I have been looking through some of the posts on your blogs. Very impressive.
ReplyDeleteI tend to like these films too. I am a fan of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman and generally a fan of The Star Wars films. I also ridicule these movies while I enjoy them. This is a very difficult thing to explain :)
I understand you on that. Attack of the 50 ft woman had a certain touch, esp. for that time. Killer Tomatoes--we laughed at that, back in the 80s.
DeleteWe watch RiffTrax on occasion; their comments are crazy funny.