| Band of Welsh Guards in the British Army |
And the men are marching,
Marching,
Faces to the grandstand,
On a windy day.
Marching, marching as
Shining Brass Bands
Officiates.
The humble and brave
Pass
While pompous and proud
Sit.
Sit.
Marching into
a soup of History.
a soup of History.
This is a re-post April 18, 2013. Italicized words were part of the Wednesday Words provided by Delores at Mumblings, then thefeatherednest.
With Memorial Day next week, it seemed to be a perfect selection.
From YouTube. Marching in Palm Hwy, up in Mojave Desert.
We lived near here for seven years.
Awesome.
Should all be humble by the way they protect all.
ReplyDeleteSeeing these brave and talented men does humble me.
DeleteI quite like marching bands, especially the Scottish ones with their swinging kilts and the skirl of the bagpipes.
ReplyDeleteScottish marching bands are so cool.
DeleteA really good reboot.
ReplyDeleteFour years ago seems like a few months, doesn't it.
DeleteI am humbled by the dignity, bravery and courage of great men who serve and defend their countries.
ReplyDeleteFor those who riot, they know nothing of the sacrifices made for them.
DeleteGood to remember the brave and humble men and women who serve both now and always.
ReplyDeleteNow, when I see gray hair with a cap that says what armed force he served, he has usually replied Vietnam, maybe Korea. Fewer WW2 service men around.
Delete"Soup of history" is a different way of expressing things. A vivid image.
ReplyDeleteArlee Bird
Tossing It Out
It struck me as a good description. Glad you liked it.
DeleteYou can't beat a marching band ...
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
As do I. Rose Bowl always has top of nation's high school marching bands, and I am always thrilled.
DeleteI love marching bands. Days of my youth. I used to march in a band in
ReplyDeletehigh school but we probably sounded more like the marchine band of
Mayberry. LOL
Mayberry! How I loved that show!
DeleteI can't put my finger on why, but I like the phrase "soup of history." It's true. Muddled, mixed. Fun play on words with the band.
ReplyDeleteThat is what I felt when creating that phrase. History is a mix of different events, times, people...It is indeed a "soup".
ReplyDeletewe probably sounded more like the marchine band of
ReplyDeleteMayberry. LOL
การ์ตูนโป๊, jav
Some bands certainly must. These guys, though, are talented and disciplined.
Delete