| non-fiction |
"Orchid Thief" Non-Fiction?
| A serious book about a serious time |
"Vacation in Margaretville, New York" A real page tuner.
| A worthwhile read |
"Wind Talkers" Saw the movie, Nicholas...what's his name..Cage? With Adam Sands?
| About noble Navajo changing the course of War |
| An excellent book |
| Nancy Farmer Website |
More time remained on her shift. Seeking out "The Islands of the Blessed" by Nancy Farmer, Brenda settled with a sigh, beginning with the first page.
The underlined words are Wednesday Words,
a meme began by Delores who wanted to challenge
bloggers to enjoy a break from their chosen genre.
Fighting computer frustrations, Delores handed this
challenge off to various bloggers.
If you would enjoy a change of pace, visit E.C. site to collect the words! If you plan to post at your own comment section, please let us all know, so we can hunt you down. Or you can write your poem, prose, short story, whatever, posting it in the comment section in E.C. comment section!
Oh My Goodness! I'm so impressed!
ReplyDeleteYou used actual books to use the words.
You're a genius.
Thank you! Some excellent books up there.
DeleteThat's a great way to use a bunch of mismatched words. Book titles! Genius.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I have read some of the books, but Glasnost... is not on the list.
DeleteWhat a clever use of the prompts.
ReplyDeleteSome of the books I know and love, and others are treats (or otherwise) in store...
My students absolutely latched onto Walter the farting dog!
DeleteA great way to go about it indeed. Wide array too came due.
ReplyDeleteWind Talkers was amazing...a part of history that was unknown to me.
DeleteI think a library job would be good:)
ReplyDeleteI would take it in a heartbeat.
DeleteActually, "Like Water for Chocolate," one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteI didn't get around to everyone yet but I'm in the midst of a change. Sometimes we just HAVE to do that and then miracles happen.
Changes are difficult, take a lot of energy.
DeleteI loved "Like Water for Chocolate"!
Thanks for stopping by!
Wow, what a clever way to incorporate those words! I am duly impressed.
ReplyDeleteI've never read the book about the farting dog, but we have certainly owned a few of them. :) As "sophisticated" as my sense of humor is, I suspect I'd love that book... I'll have to get it for my (ahem) grandkids...
It is a great book. It was nominated for California Youth Book Award in California.
DeleteHi Susan - I'm sure your students would latch onto "Walter the Farting Dog" - reminded me about a Shakespeare post I need to write! ... Congratulations on this creation for the Meme Challenge - so clever ... I loved Water like Chocolate ...
ReplyDeleteCheers Hilary
When "farting " is one of the Wednesday words, Walter was the obvious choice.
DeleteNice piece.
ReplyDeleteThe only one I have read is Like Water for Chocolate - great book and great movie.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteExotic and a look into another culture. Enjoyed the book, not so sure about the movie.
DeleteWell crafted.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day.
Thanks...I hope this day is a blessed one for you and yours.
Delete