| NatGeo |
When Evan dropped dead in front
of his golfing foursome, Frank responded quickly.
With his brand new golf shoes, he nudged Evan, and
turned him over. “Damn!” Frank cursed, “Now I have grass
stains. Damn.”
Clem interrupted. “Well, you did insist on a morning tee-off time.”
All looked down at Evan’s still body.
Jack spoke up. “Who will be our fourth?! It isn’t likely Evan will be regenerated anytime soon.”
Frank shook his head. “No help for it. Let’s head back to the clubhouse. We’ll tell
the Front Desk about Evan.” He nudged Evan once more with a heavy sigh.
This was a Wednesday Words Post, and I truly enjoyed writing it.
haha too bad they couldn't just have played through
ReplyDeleteI meant to put what hole they were on, but oh well.
DeleteDepends where on the course Evan dropped dead.
ReplyDeleteYes, that would have made a difference, and if any money was riding.
DeleteWatching golfers is fascinating. I can imagine this scenario. I pass one and sometimes two courses in a day. Yesterday while it was raining, we watched the carts closest to the club house making a mad scramble back. The fellows a couple miles out just kept playing. At the second course, the parking lot was full up, but no one was out on the curse.
ReplyDeleteI believe there is an obsessive factor there.
DeleteThat had me laughing out loud!
ReplyDeleteSome men place golf above all else.
DeleteSome people are soooo inconsiderate. A real friend wouldn't have dropped dead and left people in the lurch like that.
ReplyDeleteThis does speak to the lack of friendship when it comes to golf.
DeleteWhy did he have to be difficult and drop dead then? Couldn't he have waited ;)
ReplyDeleteThe heart goes when it has to go.
DeleteOh, poor Evan, they just left him there in the damp grass :(
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh, well done.
He was wearing a woolen vest, so he felt no dampness there. Glad you liked this playing with words.
DeleteOh, I like that! Rather Monty Python-esque.
ReplyDeleteOh, how we love Monty Phython! We were discussing the Holy Grail yesterday!
DeleteFine movie! I like Life of Brian, too.
ReplyDeleteGotta love that one! Funny walks...sheep...so many ones that tickle our brains!
Deleteoops...silly walks...
Delete