These days my grandson is too busy to Skype with his
grammy. Unless his mom is chasing him,
engaging him in some activity, all I see of this boy is his fine almost white
hair flying in the wind as he races away.
Snotty little thing.
So, my grandson, the former car thief, has become aware that
there is a computer screen that cannot be breached. To break through this problem, I have broken
out the toy dinosaurs, which have long lay in the dark.
![]() |
| back row: Terry, Sarah; front row: Timmy, Bumpy, and Stanley |
Dr. Who has visited on many occasions.
My dinosaurs recently gave the little guy good-bye kisses (right on the camera light),
which amazed him. After about 10 kisses,
we both said “Good-bye, I love you”, only he added “I love you, dinosaurs.”

Oh my gosh this is so cute. I love your dinosaurs and now I wish I could Skype with them. :D
ReplyDeleteMine are really child friendly. Benj. has the realistic set from the British Natural History Museum. Apples to Oranges, I guess.
DeleteSkype is great for video chatting and its cheaper too to use as a phone I believe. Laughing on skype, now thats infectious.
ReplyDeleteIt is as good as I can hope for, and at least we can play in a long distance way.
DeleteHow clever to engage the little guy. How big he's growing. And how fast, to fly his hair like a flag.
ReplyDeleteIt is fine. My mom used to call hair like that "corn silk" and I guess that is pretty accurate. My daughter will keep it this length for a while longer.
DeleteAt least the dinosaurs are having a good time, right?
ReplyDeleteHis daddy has posted on FB how the parents get to play with the dinos once Benj. is in bed.
DeleteLove it.
ReplyDeleteDon't you just want to have the dinos have a dance party or something?
DeleteAwwww.
ReplyDeleteHow long before you can hug him again? Literally, to go with the metaphoric hugs which always hold him tight.
I don't know, I just don't know. If $$ were no problem, I would be there by Saturday.
DeleteThe nice dinos get all the love
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the sad truth. I bet he goes to sleep at night with one or two of them by his side.
DeleteCuddly, lovable dinosaurs, hmmm. I guess kids grow up and change their behaviours like skyping grandma.
ReplyDeleteGrandmas get the best deal of all: they get to de-evolve into 3 year olds playing with dinos and cars.
DeleteAh, you know how to engage little boys...
ReplyDeleteAlways a kid at heart...plus, years of teaching and observing.
DeleteHi Susan,
ReplyDeleteThat's mega-cute. Dinosaurs and young boys, nice one.
Gary :)
My son (who is now in his 30s) still has his dinos, but they are packed away.
DeleteGood to see you!
Little boys and dinosaurs go hand in hand. How lovely that his grandmom knows this well.
ReplyDeleteI try to keep up with his phases. So far my box of toys are perfect.
DeleteI remember my grandson at three and his dinosaur collection. He still has them, but now they live on a long shelf across his room instead of in the toy box. (he's 19)
ReplyDeleteI like your TARDIS, is that the moneybox one with the flashing light?
I think so, but I use it as a pencil box...it needs new batteries...I will use my sonic screwdriver to find out.
Deleteha! Whatever works to get that facetime in. :)
ReplyDeleteAny portion of the face would be nice!
Delete