| Source: Izabelha |
Mind gone dry,
Mined too many times.
Rocks crumble
From inside the hill.
Nothing left to pick
at
With an non-existent
Pick-axe.
Wind echoes
Through empty
caverns,
Taking wisps of ideas
Leaving dry husks
In which
Only a throbbing sound
Is heard.
Abandoned.
| Source: TACLUDA |
Thankfully my brain is always flowing, although I wish i could pluck some gold from it and have my wallet growing lol
ReplyDeleteYou are young yet. The gold may yet appear in your wallet!
DeleteOh. My. Goodness. I've definitely felt this! And you put it into words. Genius!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a rough week. Thanks, Dianne. Many writers feel the mine has played out at times.
DeleteLots of old mines around here too but there's always a few little gems left behind. It's a fun thing to do, looking for those few little nuggets.
ReplyDeleteA thinking poem of which one could take their pick (pun) on the path to follow.
That was my hope.
DeleteThere are mines around here, as well. Some owners now give tours.
At my age, I can't help but feel scared and sort of sad after reading this. And that turned over grocery cart was genius as an ending. It spoke louder than words to me.
ReplyDeleteIt was serendipitous to stumble onto the grocery cart. Said it all, for me as well.
DeleteWhat a brilliant and haunting piece. And I agree with Inger about the cart, seeing that as the ending gave me chills.
ReplyDeleteI have a post next week about some of the photographers whose work I appreciate. I love this photo!
DeleteLittle writers block going on lol?
ReplyDeleteWell, it happens...
DeleteSometimes you laugh, sometimes it's too real to laugh about. I hope you are finding some humor in the occasional bat caves of a well- mined mind.
ReplyDeleteOh, there are bats aplenty in that cave!
DeleteSometimes you laugh, sometimes it's too real to laugh about. I hope you are finding some humor in the occasional bat caves of a well- mined mind.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Great, great work. Definitely know what you're talking about here :)
ReplyDeleteSarah Allen
(From Sarah, With Joy)
The wind is still whistling, but not as much. Maybe some words will yet emerge from the depths! Thanks for your comments!
DeleteHello human, Susan,
ReplyDeleteNever mind
You shall find
A 'miner' lapse
Perhaps
A shaft of light
Will see you right
No hello Dolly
Or any mention of you're off your trolley :)
Pawsitive wishes,
Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar!
At least there were no cave-ins!
DeleteI've known that feeling. Sometimes I actually need to feel that way.
ReplyDeleteLee
Wrote By Rote
Being at the bottom of a mine can be scary. But it reaffirms that I know there is a way up.
DeleteAnd this stunning poem proves that there are still riches within your mind...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sue!! It may require TNT to retrieve the riches...
DeleteIt is rough when such a state occurs
ReplyDeleteIt is exhausting as well.
DeleteSounds like a Monday.
ReplyDeleteLOL.
I do think I wrote this on a Monday...makes sense.
Delete