Last
rays of sunset
Lace
through bare trees.
As
light fades, a chill wind
Swirls
fallen crumbled leaves,
Once so
bright and drifting
With a
dancer’s flourish.
In
darkness, the clouds roll back
As a scroll of gray and black.
The reigns
of summer and autumn
No longer
tower and burn.
Midnight reveals
A treasure chest of winter:
Ice
and snow prepared
To lay
ruin to the land.
With thanks to Delores
Wow used them all in quite the verse, although snow ruining the land makes me wants to curse haha
ReplyDeleteSnow and Ice covers and transforms the land, but I needed to fit in 'ruin'. It's a stretch, I know.
DeleteSusan that is so beautiful...I love it.
ReplyDeleteJoining our two lists worked out well, I thought. Like the challenge.
DeleteWinter is coming. Nice. I totally felt chilled. =)
ReplyDeleteI hope the states that have heavy winters have some reprieve time.
DeleteHi Susan,
ReplyDeleteThat was superbly formulated. Quite the visual you have painted in my mind.
Gary :)
I hope England will not have more rain and then snow. You all have had your full share.
Deletelove this!
ReplyDelete