blog Followers

Monday, February 2, 2026

Long days in a short month

 

February is exceptional long, even for such a month as February.  What good stuff happens in February, minus Valentine's Day. So, what can we find that is wonderful and that happens in February? Well, I'll tell you: Precious little happens in February.

Punky Old Broad's Day:
Do they qualify?
 
What other special days can be discovered?
 
 Some amazing and incredible days happen in February. There are the ones that affirm we still recognize what needs to be on this list:

World Cancer Day        World Day of Social Justice    World Peace and Understanding Day    National Autism Day    National Missing Persons Day                     National Freedom Day (from Slavery)   
 
There are many other days that have importance in history and social development. They are select days that can take away darkness:
 
Global Movie Day     National  Cabbage Day    National Tater Tot Day    National Shower with a Friend Day     National Iowa Day    Do a Grouch a Favor Day 
 
 These are just a few of tame February days, and believe me, there are some very strange ones.
 
                                      10 Weirdest foods worldwide
 
 

                
                                 So there you have it: Strange Days Worldwide. Each video is about 3 minutes. Fast Forward whenever.
 
Leap year, as sung by Kevin Kline in Pirates of Penzance
  

I featured one of the other days of February. It in on Feb. 6, .an important day. It represents intolerance for female genital mutilation ...You get the idea. Go to the site listed. 

20 comments:

  1. February is important to me for the family birthdays, only four now instead of the six originals, since both parents are long gone. Valentine's Day means nothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valentines and Halloween were my least important holidays when I was teaching. KIds would go bonkers over the candy and be high on sugar. Halloween was another thing that made kids sugared up.

      Delete
  2. Feb my sons turn 59 and 61, which makes me feel even older than I am. I was 20 and 22 when they were born. wow. My oldest got married on Valentine's day.
    the 2nd video I stopped when they ate blood . OH MY WORD... I made it through 1 minute on the first and watched in horror the last video.
    I pay no attention to days that are celebrated, not even most of the major ones. it has always been strange to me how people find all these days..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my kids are 50, 47, and 45. Yours ate blood??

      Delete
    2. yes, they are blood. My first husband in 1963.

      Delete
  3. Do I dare watch the strangest foods?
    The one on February 6 should include what happens here in the states...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother's birthday is in February, so that's always been a special month for our family, Susan. And yes, the Golden Girls rule that category! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Golden Girls; that was a great show.

      Delete
  5. I have three grandchildren and a great-grandchild with birthdays in February. As for special days I'll take Iowa Day and National Cabbage Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. February is a strange little month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is strange. It is after winter, but not quite spring, and the snow get slushy and muddy.

      Delete
  7. The 14th is Valentine's Day, the 16th is President's Day, the 17th is Mardi Gras and Lunar New Year. Trust me, it's not a boring month when all those happen within just a few days of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the old girls, but OUCH on some of the strange foods. YOu dig up some goodies (I mean good ideas!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not try any of those foods at this stage of life.

      Delete
  9. February seems to drag on with bad weather while July with 31 days flies by! I did always look forward to February 28th. My birthday! Somehow, it's not a national holiday? When I was a kid I was always excited about the birthday. Now I'm just glad to wake and realize I'm still breathing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! Feb. 28? Not Leap Day? An old man, Roy
      Weaver, lived up the road with a Feb. 29 b-day. Dad told me that he was really close to 20 or 21, but his years were 84._

      Delete
  10. Just based on the thumbnails, I knew I couldn't stomach watching either video, thankyouverymuch. I kinda like February. Short and sweet. Things are starting to warm up, even if we get snow, it's spring snow that melts quickly. And, perhaps the silliest reason of all for liking February, it makes my organized little heart so happy. Four weeks exactly (except for leap year, which always screws it up), so Saturday, Feb 7 translates to Saturday, March 7. For some reason, that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!