Her name is Marta Cinta Gonzàlez Saldaña. Marta was born in Madrid in the mid-1920s. She lived in Cuba, danced in New York, taught in Madrid, and triumphed after her dying in a nursing home in Alcoy, where she dreamed of doing a ballet with the elderly. She passed away peacefully in 2019.
Can you imagine sitting in the audience?
Susan, I was just about ready to turn in for the night, but decided to check new blogs out first. Oh, how blessed am I to see this! Now, I'm inspired and calmed in the same breath. God gives us all unique gifts, and Marta's was one of a kind. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI will watch it again, just to see her face and joy.
Deletethis made my eyes fill with tears, it is truly amazing! thanks for sharing it. Bob enjoyed watching it also... I love the expression on her face, it shows she is dancing in her heart, perfect timing, even in her chair.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that it touched both you and Bob.
DeleteSo beautiful! The dancing is still in her heart and soul! This was beautiful to watch. I believe she is dancing perfectly in heaven today!
ReplyDeleteI believe so. I cannot imagine what she experienced as a young dancer. She must have been amazing.
DeleteGod bless always, Susan.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that this reached you. God bless you, Victor.
DeleteAn amazing life.
ReplyDeleteOh, can you think about those experiences she had.
DeleteWOW, how real is that. AMAzing. It does bring tears.. Love from the first coast.
ReplyDeleteAre you in Florida or the Carolinas? I watched this several times, and see more of her each time.
DeleteThis was so special to watch. Amazing that she could step back into her memories and still dance. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletePlus I love ballet. ❤
Such an experience to see.
DeleteWhat an amazing woman.
ReplyDeleteCan you imagine how much she danced through decades?
DeleteWow! I am in awe of how beautifully she danced with her arms and how expressive Marta's hands were. I enjoyed seeing the video go back and forth between Marta and the ballet being performed. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThe video was so perfectly made. I loved seeing her as a young ballerina with all the skills, and the older ballerina who danced only in her mind and with her arms.
Delete