blog Followers

Friday, February 2, 2024

Let the battles begin.

 

voting-booth-hawaii1
Get out the vote!!
 
 
A hard fought campaign had raged for the past few months.  Opponents laughed and greeted each other affably, even providing a few fist bumps for the viewers.

Smiles continued until the debate.  Questions revealed the two snarling beasts within.  A week before the election, mud-slinging began, followed by character assassination.  

Voting Day came, with sighs of relief from both sides and the candidates.

The ballots were carefully counted, while candidates waited anxiously for THE announcement.  Then it came.

Principal Brook’s voice crackled through the PA:  “For the Fifth Grade President is Billy Hopkins and Vice-President Jimmy Rogers.  Let’s all congratulate Billy and Jimmy for such a great campaign.”

Crackle…hiss… and then silence.

In the classroom, Billy and Jimmy glared at each other.  Next year would be different.

 

20 comments:

  1. well that was a nice surprise, politics, who needs them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice turn. I wonder how different things would be if the VP was still the second place finisher, like at the beginning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Brings back memories of the importance of winning when one is a kid.

      Delete
  4. One would hope they can find a way to work together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all the political hoopla going on at the moment, Susan, I really appreciated the lighter side you showed us today.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to get back to the days when elections were that simple

      Delete
  6. Here in Australia we don't have such things as class presidents, we're all the same, just kids at school, learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did the U.S. education system put this in motion? When? What was the reason? All questions need to be asked.

      Delete
  7. I can't remember having class presidents in UK schools ...

    "In the classroom, Billy and Jimmy glared at each other. Next year would be different." nothing changes then!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing really changes. Some things change for the better, others do not.

      Delete
  8. As long as they keep civil, they should be able to grow up and can run against other people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats to the winners
    hope they bring good luck to their country amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder about those people. What did they do after such a weighty responsibility?

      Delete
  10. I ran for school president when I was in Grade 12 and lost by 2 votes, LOL! I was beaten by a popular teen hockey player.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!