Over the decades after WW2, there was a burgeoning of fast foods and junk foods. Drive-Thru and fast: No one even needed to leave the car.
That has not changed, not one iota. More of this and then more of that appears.
On the sugar front, oh boy! The list is too long to read through, but this one item is high on the list:
The simple Oreo, at least it used to be simple.
The Oreo started with 2 chocolate biscuits with a creamy white filling. It was heavenly. We never had them in our childhood, having only homemade cookies (that can be described only as amazing). We then learned about the only way to eat an Oreo was to twist it apart, scrape the cream goodness with top teeth, and eat the biscuit later.
Here are some newly distributed peculiar Oreos:








I've heard of (not actually seen) many other Oreo flavors. It's probably time to expand their offerings.
ReplyDeleteMy gr-kids know the ones that have other cool ones, like red/white peppermint.
DeleteGotta keep your fan base always coming back!
ReplyDeleteI went to the store after writing this. I'll need to update the offerings.
DeleteThese are a panic! Actually, I could go for the carrot cake! I'm going to have to make a detour through the cookies aisle next time.
ReplyDeleteI'd go with the carrot cake and birthday cake. Miss out on the broccoli.
DeleteThe original was the best, dunked in milk.
ReplyDeleteWhy mess with perfection?
DeleteSPAM Oreos??
ReplyDeleteI don't even like the regular kind.
The idea is so repulsive.
DeleteOreos are a reasonably new addition to our biscuit aisle. And the only ones I have seen (not that I have been looking) are on the dull side.
ReplyDeletePerhaps they will appear?
DeleteI don't buy Oreos often (too fattening) but when I do, I only buy the original ones!
ReplyDeleteMy husband loves them, I am ambivalent. One Oreo is enough.
DeleteOreos are big favs here with my grown boys and hubby. I've tried the different flavors but the original still reigns supreme. I bought Oreo flavored M&Ms yesterday because they were half off! Ha! Ok, want a kid Oreo story? When I was little Oreos were not at our house but my BFF had them. We had some nasty boys in our neighborhood who used to really bug us so we thought we could win them over with Oreos. Only I suggested we eat the white cream, fill them with glue and then give them to the boys. Well, we thought it was funny until my BFF's Mom found out and yelled at us for wasting the treats and also trying to poison the boys. Seriously though, they probably were the ones eating glue at school....right? Oh well, I usually got in trouble with my brilliant ideas! Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteThis story is excellent! Creative.
DeleteI was never a fan of Oreos, but my girl sure is. It is a fact the OREO is a big part of history now. A place that will remain longer I am sure.
ReplyDeleteBUT, but you skeered me with the CRAB CAKE OREO! LOL
Love ya
Sherry & jack
I thought you might like that one. Skeered? You don't get skeered by a simple crab.
DeleteI'm scared! Crab cake Oreos????
ReplyDeleteI know! Right!
DeleteSome of these made me laugh. :-) I do like the mint ones though.
ReplyDeleteI can see you as a carrot cake man.
DeleteSome of these are so funny! I have never been a fan of Oreos, unlike everyone else I know :-)
ReplyDeleteIf there were a contest between Oreos and homemade oatmeal raisin, the oatmeal raisin wins.
DeleteCheese and onions ... tomato and garlic ...
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Oh, man. That is nauseating
Delete