![]() |
| He's back. |
A brutal scene greeted Det. James. Blood splattered everywhere, gruesome and
dark. But, there were no bodies.
None.
Det. James and Forensics scoured the house, gathering
bits of evidence. But, still there was
nothing, no clues at all. Packing up and
walking out the door, Det. James was certain he had missed something. But what?
Something from the patio caught his eyes. Turning around, James saw the carcass of a
bright yellow rooster. Feathers littered
the patio, a patch of yellow around the dead fowl.
Det. James shook his head. “He’s back.
Rooster Man is back. Damn.”

A 'stab' at it? Rooster Man may have also been a slasher...
ReplyDeleteA very successful stab. Very short stories are so hard to get right.
Short stories are challenging, have to get the right words. I enjoyed.
DeleteRooster Man? I want to know more about Rooster Man!
ReplyDeleteWouldn't this be a great story to continue? All in short segments?
DeleteDinner?
ReplyDeleteHmmm.
DeleteRooster man came home to roost
ReplyDeleteAt least at this house, Rooster Man returned to his life of mayhem.
DeleteRooster Man? Uh oh...
ReplyDeleteI'll have to contact Marvel Comics, maybe.
DeleteDear Susan,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to Friday Fictioneers. It sounds like a bit of fowl play is afoot in your story. Nicely done.
Shalom,
Rochelle
Thanks, Rochelle! I love the challenge of limited # of words.
DeleteRooster Man eh?
ReplyDeleteIt seemed to be a good evil name. I was terrified by a rooster when I was 2 years old. TER-RI-FIDE.
DeleteHey Susan,
ReplyDeleteWhat a fowl posting! Not one to duck the issue or chicken out when it comes to the Rooster Man, a real rooster booster...
Gary
Rooster booster, hmmmm. Clever punster, you.
DeleteOh, what a hoot! Or, should I say a cluck. Nice one!
ReplyDeleteGood to see your name!! I wonder if the clucking will reveal where Rooster Man is hiding?
DeleteNice job.You conquered this assignment like a rooster reporter.
ReplyDeleteI was clucking all the way!
DeleteOne should known never to trust Rooster Man once he's had his booster!!!
ReplyDeleteRooster Man must have a clutch of fellow villains?
Delete