![]() |
| Me on a lovely bright beach day |
It is a dark room
day.
In a dark room
house.
Not a creature is
stirring,
Not even a m…
Wait! Wait…I didn’t mean to write that. Just slipped out of a brain that is on
automatic mode.
What does one write when it is a dark room
day, when light hurts and sounds skewer the head?
I read Delores at
thefeatherednest and Cro at Magnon's Meanderings who created lists of good things, events,
memories that remind them of the goodness of living. Their lists were excellent, as they
themselves are excellent.
My list on this
dark room day is as follows:
Finding the perfect
pillow
Smell of movie theater popcorn
Scent of
lavender oil
Thunderstorms
A crescent moon in a clear sky
Seeing a
baby
Holding a baby
Memories of Christmas with our
children
My
husband’s laughter
Freshly baked bread
Real butter
Our granddaughters
giggling in the backseat of our car
Reading Little
Women for the first time
Buying packets of seeds
in the spring
SKYPE
Having a phone
Indescribable joy of God’s
love and presence
Knowing how
to pray
Picking strawberries with my mother
and talking with her, alone
Making strawberry jam
Songbirds in
the spring
Singing and not caring
who hears me
Talking
with strangers in a line at the market
Watching a
returning Marine sweep up his child at the airport
Knowing that I am loved
An hour
without pain
Redwood
trees
Crème’
Brulee
Holding
a quilt made by a great-grandmother
Moments of silence
Being able
to weep, cry, mourn, laugh, giggle, etc.
Possessing empathy
Rhythmic
beating of a heart
What would be on your list?

haha singing and not caring who ears, I'd sure strike fears if one did hear. Think you got most at your zoo too.
ReplyDeleteThe best part about singing is that it is for the singer's joy for the most part.
DeleteMy cat purring in my lap. :)
ReplyDeleteAn Excellent addition!
DeleteWhat a terrific list. Doesn't it make you feel good to realize how many simple and wonderful things are in your life?
ReplyDeleteWhen the 'good'list far outweighs the 'bad'list, then life is marvelous!
DeleteI would have many of the things that you have, except maybe I would add a strawberry ice cream cone in a waffle cone with chocolate sprinkles.
ReplyDeleteMine would have vanilla with hot fudge!
DeletePS. I love your picture and your happy face; add that to my list of good things
ReplyDeleteI was smiling at my baby grandson as the photo was taken.
DeleteRemembering the good things in life is, well, a good thing. I loved your list, and your picture.
ReplyDeleteEveryone should make a list and keep adding to it!
DeleteI have a good friend who sufferes debilitating migranes. My sympathy. And, lots of Crème’ Brulee.
ReplyDeleteWhen I discovered the calorie count from Creme' Brulee, I almost considered giving it up. Almost.
DeleteDear Susan, I'm so sorry to learn that you're in the midst of a migraine. So much pain.
ReplyDeleteYour list is as my young friend says, "Awesome." I need to sit down and think of all the lovely things that bring me comfort and joy and a sense that all is right with my world. Your list ranges far and wee--as cummins says--and I find myself so in sync with it. Thank you for sharing it with us. Peace.
The list is full of big things and 'wee' things, true. That is the way of life, isn't it.
DeleteGreetings my human friend, Susan,
ReplyDeleteI know that you have been going through those headache woes. And hopefully, along with your positive thoughts, you are now in a better place.
I'm sure that by verbalising this list and sharing it, has brought you some gentle warmth of heart.
Nice photo of you, human! :) One thing on my list would be me lazing around on my comfy blanket and wishing that humanity would be more like us precious creatures. A world where humans share non-judgemental, unconditional love.
Pawsitive wishes to you, my human friend.
Penny :)
"Indescribable joy of God’s love and presence. Knowing how to pray." - Whoa!!! That one is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post! Top of my list this week is the sound of my kid's laughter--together. Nothing like siblings laughing and enjoying eachother!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant list. Dawn, dusk, bird song. And books - new and old. Absence from pain deserves a double mention too.
ReplyDeleteFabulous list. I'd have to put the sound of rain and a thunderstorm at the top of my list. It's been so long since we've have a good one... The sound of the ocean would be another. My grandmother's laugh, my father's smile, my mother's hands.
ReplyDelete