Once
upon a time on a farm in a rural area, a young girl gazed out her window at the
stars and wished each night. “Oh, please
Blue Fairy/Fairy Godmother/Tinker Bell/Santa Claus/…., grant my wish!”
The
wish was never the same wish, but it was said with the same fervor each and
every night. This messed up the whole
fairy tale and wishes coming true thing; no wishes were ever granted.
I
know. It sucks when wishes don’t come
true.
But
WAIT! What did you say? My wish did
come true!
I
submitted a fractured fairy tale about Cinderella (short story—2000 words) and
it was accepted! The Open
Doors Anthology: Fractured Fairy Tales was released on December
3rd! My story is in there: Cinder, Ellie: An Exclusive as told to Bob
Grimm.
Elisa Stilton worked with Wayman Publishing for the collection, editing, doing
whatever is necessary to publish both an eBook and a paperback!
From
December 2 – 4, 2012, this book and other books by a group of incredibly
talented writers will be at a reduced rate (check the site out) or free as
eBooks. A portion of the proceeds will
go to benefit a children’s hospital.
This
is a book you would want to read, share with friends and relatives. It turns those Disney fairy tales on their
heads.



Yay!! Congratulations. Wishes DO come true.
ReplyDeleteNo matter how small, wishes do/can come true.
DeleteCongrats on getting in too! And yeah Elisa did a TON of work on it, there are a lot of stories in there, props to her as well.
ReplyDeleteI ordered some paper backs to give as Christmas gifts, but have waited until hubby went to work this week to open the box. Don't know why, but I guess I wanted to experience the awe on my own.:)
DeleteI am so, so happy for you Susan. I downloaded the book, but admit only read your story. I do not have too much time right now but will read them all after the holidays. You are such a wonderful writer and I wish I had just a little bit of your talent (I fly by the seat of my pants - and they are getting tighter). I admire you so!
ReplyDeleteI am picturing you holding the book and smiling.
Congratulations and felicitations. More than deserved - not a wish coming true, but a reward for considerable talent and effort.
ReplyDeleteI have said that I will not purchase any new books until the to-read pile is diminished but I can see I may have to make an exception (which will probably become many exceptions).