Friday, October 31, 2014

Beyond Disgust

Source
With loathing, Leah stared at Luke as he ate his lunch.  He did not just eat his lunch, he inhaled it.  He snarled and ground, plowing his face into the plate, laughing and talking all the while.

Luke appalled her beyond ordinary disgust.  Leah wondered if she could tolerate Luke much longer. Everything, ev-er-ry-thing, about him drove her to the edge of insanity.

Pig! she screamed, ripping her clothing to shreds. Being a twin is hell!


Leah threw her wet and sodden diaper, which landed on Luke's face.  She crawled away with all the fury she could muster.

Haven't we all been there with a sibling or two?  Or with a spouse?  


16 comments:

  1. haha oh been there with a sibling, my sister is a huge slob, could never live with her. Cleaner to live in a cardboard box in an alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...well yes but....I draw the line at throwing diapers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a nephew who did that. He liked being nude.

      Delete
  3. Will Luke be out as a flying pig tonight?

    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Leah had her way, Luke would be confined to his playpen forever.

      Delete
  4. Love the surprise ending! Raising boys, I certainly know what it's like being around people who "inhale" their food! Happy Halloween, Susan!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had 3 brothers and we lived on a farm. I saw the pigs outside and my brothers inside. Very little difference.

      Delete
  5. Oh yes. Been there - and visit sometimes still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a little scary...for me as well.

      Delete
  6. Dear Susan, how well I remember--although they took place more than seventy years ago--my battles with my younger brother. He was a beautiful child but we could both be so naughty!!!! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were many battles since there were 3 picking on me. Teasing was rampant, and my father was no better.

      Delete
  7. I always felt a pang when the kids were getting on ea. other's nerves. Now the youngest is so much younger than everyone else, that I miss him having a sibling close to his own age... pangs and all, that's a lifelong bond. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it truly is. The rough years of sibling fighting/arguing resulted for me in a strong bond.

      Delete
  8. Been there?
    No.
    Can't even imagine it.
    My first husband was an enthusiastic eater, but not at all piggish about it, he simply enjoyed eating and my cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!