Thursday, October 16, 2014

Wednesday Words: Dear Martha.....

sisters, sisters...
16 October 2014

Dear Martha,

Your letter pulled me from a pit of despair.  If ever there were awards for "Surviving Multiple Plethora of Childhood Illnesses", I would be inducted into the Hall of Matriarchal Fame.

The triplets have developed a chain of cursed plagues:  Influenza, chicken pox (despite the vaccine), strep throat, ear infections, and worms (?).

Is this God's thunderbolt of retribution for swearing during Mass?  Loudly swearing at Clarisse-the-She-Devil, the mistress of of insubordination?

As you know, my house was never a museum, but now a City Inspector would cover the house with "Condemned" yellow tape.

Must go. Alex-the-Spontaneous is vomiting on the cat. Christopher-the-Wild-Child is smearing the vomit on the bathroom mirror.

Your sister,

Mary-the-Desperate 


Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio - Martha and Mary Magdalene - WGA04101.jpg
Source: Wikipedia
May thanks to Delores at Under the Porch Light for providing the six words (above, underlined) with which to wrestle and write.  Please click on the Methodist Church in the right sidebar, to access some fine writing.  AND please join this wildly-diverse writing group and put your own take on the crazy words.
Delores is awesome and such a joy!

25 comments:

  1. lol eww wand ewww some more. Worms and vomit, a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this, I thought of Jake from State Farm. Crazy, huh? No similarity that I can see but maybe it gave me the same kind of chuckle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That commercial makes me laugh each time. Jake in his khakis.

      Delete
  3. Lesson learned: watch my language in church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a typical day in the life of a Mom lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in college, I babysat for a professor who had 3 pre-school aged children. They had mumps, and by the end of the week, they had chickenpox. I will never ever forget that week.

      Delete
  5. You had me giggling at the second sentence. Alex-the-Spontaneous.... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every Alex I have known was a spontaneous type of child.

      Delete
  6. Everyone of these made me smile I am not sure if I was supposed to but they did:) B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling and laughing are always welcome at this site.

      Delete
  7. I laughed because I've been Mary at times. Good write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a mother puts us in the running, doesn't.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Oh yes. Pre-schoolers like these precious 3 would be mighty joyful.

      Delete
  9. Oy to the string of really bad luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least the triplets got it all over in a week. No more worries about mumps and chickenpox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something assuring about having closure in a week or so.

      Delete
  11. Poor Mary certainly does have her hands full. I'm very, very grateful that I never encountered a vomit-smearing child. That stuff is bad enough in a bucket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a bucket and being fast on one's feet makes all the difference.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!