Monday, October 27, 2014

Garema Place blest.

From Elephant's Child
Billy Jim and Esther Sue had saved all their lives for this trip, and by golly, they would see as much of this street art place in Australia as they could.

The bus tour gave them 45 minutes to roam about this park in the middle of Canberra called “Garema” Place.

“Hell, Esther, if I’da wanted to look at weird metal sheep sitting on a bench, I’da made one at home,” Billy Jim stood with his big belly balanced by hands on hips.  “Mighty dumb, if ya ask me.”

‘Glad I didn't ask.’  Esther Sue mentally responded.  She came to a lonely plaque on the sidewalk.  As she read it silently, a tear slid down her cheek.  ‘Well, at least you rejoiced when it came, Linette Bone.’

Billy Jim hollered, “Time to git back on the bus.  Git on over here, woman!”

Esther sighed, looking one last time at the plaque.  ‘Hope you were loved, ….’  Then she joined Billy on the bus.


This was a photo prompt from May 2012.  Its story, told in few words, touched me deeply.

Here are some other art displays at Garema Place in Canberra, Australia:

Source: mattewharding.com
Source: Hannah....you must visit this site.

12 comments:

  1. I remember when she posted the photo of that sign...makes you want to know the back story doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back story and the future..I do wonder about that plaque.

      Delete
  2. That is quite the art and each see things in a different light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you imagine the time those sheep took in creation?

      Delete
  3. Same artwork, different views. Some people just don't see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stop each time I go into town and read it. And wonder. And hope that Ms Bone and her child (which for some reason I see as a daughter) continue to be blest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an inspired photo, Sue, and I appreciate it so much. Glad you can see it literally.

      Delete
  5. That is a plaque that piques the curiosity!! And phooey to the partner, some folks are better left at home w/their TV. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Billy the bully strikes again. (I knew a Billy who was a bully).
    Nice to know I'm not the only one sometimes moved to tears by a plaque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant Child's put this photo prompt out there, and the few words on the plaque created such images.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!