Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wednesday Words: The Dreaded Blue Screen

Source
Bob gasped, gaping at his computer and at the dreaded blue screen. What the heck?!

His second thoughts were, Oh no!  My dashboard, my blogs!

The previous re-bootings and warnings had seemed inconsequential at the time. Then, blue screen panic appeared to be more TV and its tendency toward sensationalism than truth.

All the bloggers' mayhem and panic about the hackers who called themselves “the Atomic Crashers” had finally hit his precious computer. Damn them!

Humbled, Bob considered the options.  Being non-denominational when it came to tech repair stores, he tossed a coin:  Heads—Best Buy.  Tails—Staples.

Every Wednesday, Delores at Under the Porch Light provides bloggers with six challenging words with which to create a short story, poem, prose, or whatever. The underlined words above are this week's challenge.  Let me just say, these were not easy.
Please click on the Methodist Church above to access her site and find the other participants.  AND read other participants who also tackled this week's words.

9 comments:

  1. hate that dreaded blue screen, save everything just in case, then if it crashes, buy a new one. Cheaper than getting it fixed many a time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One will never regret making back-ups and saving important stuff.

      Delete
  2. May the dreaded blue screen remain fantasy conjured up by bloggers’ challenge; but, just in case, where is that external hard drive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can answer that one. I keep meaning to buy one.

      Delete
  3. The blue screen of death! I actually know how to fix that in most cases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the blue screen...noooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all get to see at one time or another...Noooooo

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen a blue screen since -gosh I don't remember when-, but I'll be running my antivirus programs tonight for sure.
    Great use of the words!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!