Monday, March 26, 2012

Small Stones: The Fall

Steps in Stone



List

List in my head…

Keeps growing

More to get done

Before family returns.

Go down  stairs

Hurry!

Faster!

Last step…

Foot slips, twists

Hand, reach!

Bannister there

Right there!

Fingers refuse.

Floor rising,

Greeting me.

Ankle, palms first

Knee, then ribs.

Ceiling so far away

Carpet on my back.

Where
Is
My phone?

This is a tribute to my daughter Erin, who fell down her stairs on Mar. 11, had surgery on Mar. 22.  Sorry for the confusion!

11 comments:

  1. It's not the falling that hurts, it's the landing. Hope the damage isn't too bad. Take it easy over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute and witty. I enjoyed it Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this but sure hope you aren't "feeling it."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, geeze. Hope you didn't get too banged up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Susan, . . . did this happen recently or is this the fall that resulted in the broken ankle last year. (You mentioned that ankle in your previous posting.) If this is a recent fall, I so hope that you didn't break anything and that none of the bruises are deep. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't keep us in suspense any longer! Are you okay>???

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter Erin fell on March 11, exactly like this. She had surgery on March 22, pins and screws to hold her foot bones together. As Grandma and Mom, I have been busy with all my babies.

    I have discovered that I am NOT 37 years old anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack! Not good. Your poor daughter.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little poem! So sorry for your daughter! I love how you really described the fall in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch, ouch, ouch! I am so sorry for her. What a horrible injury!! But you certainly wrote an awful event in an entertaining style, gotta say.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!