Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Life is too short to....

Source:drifkidz

When I was in college, my dorm was the oldest on campus.  It had four floors, including the basement.  I was on the top third floor and was in great shape traveling up and down the 6 flights of stairs.  Good times.

But, the most interesting floor was the basement.  At least, the most interesting girls lived there, and their activities were legend.  But, I won’t go into that; it was the late ‘60s, early ‘70s and college life seemed to float above the ground in certain dorms.

One thing this group did was recycle tea bags.  They stapled the tea bag onto the low ceilings, so that when one made tea, one could go about the room and lift the mug to the next waiting tea bag.  Ah, the stuff of legend.

Which leads me to the essence of this post:  Life is too short to reuse tea bags.

Then a list of my own emerged.  Life is too short to:

·         buy cheap shoes
·         wear cheap shoes
·         order the least expensive thing on the menu
·         delay a dream
·         ignore your children because you have ‘work to do’
·         stand in line when you are so tired you can barely stand
·         hold back when you should give all (think on that one—it will mean something different to each reader)
·         nurse a grudge
·         hurry by something when you should stop and enjoy it
·         not eat ice cream
·         keep silent when you should shout
·         doubt/belittle/blame yourself

What would you add to this list?  Do you have a list of your own?
Source:fluteislife

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! You are so right, life is too short for all of the above. You can add, off the top of my head, Life is too short to sweat over small potatoes :)

    Siv Maria's blog, Been there, done that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is too short to:
    a) spend it in front of a television set
    b) spend it indoors
    c) spend it worrying about what the neighbours have, or are doing, or are saying about you
    d) spend it caring for a hoard of stuff you have accumulated over the years.
    Just for starters don't you know lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every single one of those apply to me and my hubby. I could have one heck of a garage sale, or a contribution to Good Will.

      Delete
  3. Good list, I'd add "worry about what other people think" to it too. Learned from the shoe one, never again will I buy cheap shoes haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having been a teacher, I learned that early on. Shoes determine a lot.

      Delete
  4. Dear Susan, life is too short to spend it regretting the past or trying to control and manipulate the future. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true. That is the subject of another post someday!

      Delete
  5. I don't have a list of my own, but now I'm going to think about it. I come up with them on the spot when wanting to give myself an excuse to do something naughty, though. Does that count? Too funny about the teabags! I tried making two pitchers of iced tea by reusing teabags. Never again. Life is definitely too short to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great list, often think this way and at my age it is about time I acted upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will have to think to add to this great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful list. Great additions. From me? Life is too short to not tell the people you love that you do. Often. Similarly life is too short to waste on criticisms, of yourself or of anyone else. Compliment, compliment, compliment...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this list and needed to read it today! It is where I am too in life. It is too short to not say 'I love you' and too short not to 'be happy'.

    love your post today Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wallow in indecision. Some choices just have to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post and the wonderful additions through the comments. Life is too short to spend worrying about the future. Life is too short to feel guilty when you are "wasting time" because it's ok to not be busy every minute.
    Life is too short to not take chances . . . step out, take a chance, make a mistake
    Life is too short to put off doing something fun just because the dishes aren't done, or the floor needs vacuuming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Life is too short to fritter away on the computer.
    Life is too short to drive ugly cars.
    Life is too short to stay in your corner of the world your whole life.
    Life is too short to believe you'll have tomorrow to get right with God. Do it today.
    Life is too short to eat margarine.


    I like your list and will be dwelling on more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a wonderful list! At least I always make time for ice cream! Julie

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!