When I was in college, my dorm was the oldest on campus. It had four floors, including the basement. I was on the top third floor and was in great shape traveling up and down the 6 flights of stairs. Good times.
But, the most interesting floor was the basement. At least, the most interesting girls lived there, and their activities were legend. But, I won’t go into that; it was the late ‘60s, early ‘70s and college life seemed to float above the ground in certain dorms.
One thing this group did was recycle tea bags. They stapled the tea bag onto the low ceilings, so that when one made tea, one could go about the room and lift the mug to the next waiting tea bag. Ah, the stuff of legend.
Which leads me to the essence of this post: Life is too short to reuse tea bags.
Then a list of my own emerged. Life is too short to:
· buy cheap shoes
· wear cheap shoes
· order the least expensive thing on the menu
· delay a dream
· ignore your children because you have ‘work to do’
· stand in line when you are so tired you can barely stand
· hold back when you should give all (think on that one—it will mean something different to each reader)
· nurse a grudge
· hurry by something when you should stop and enjoy it
· not eat ice cream
· keep silent when you should shout
· doubt/belittle/blame yourself
What would you add to this list? Do you have a list of your own?