A to Z 2014

While I would love to leave a follow-up comment after each reader's comment, it can't happen. There are over 2,000 participants! So I will visit your sites instead and think really good thoughts, okay?
Susan Kane

Friday, January 6, 2012

Possible Writing Titles


Writers have gotten creative with the titles.  The movies have joined in. 

Showing at theaters this week are multi-word titles that use colons and sometimes even hyphens:

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
Alvin and the Chipmunks:  Chipwrecked
Sherlock Homes: A Game of Shadows
The Twilight Saga:  Breaking Dawn – part 2

This titles-with-colons-and-explanations trend spurred a list of book titles in my little pink notebook that I keep on my nightstand.  NOW, it is possible that these titles are silly due to my general peculiarities, or to the sleeping (herbal) meds I take, or even the non-herbal meds. 

Just bear with me while I list my possible (and highly improbable) new book projects:

Riveting Tales of Menopause:  One Woman’s Struggle with Sanity
Dark Halls:  The Post-Christmas Laundry Avalanche
Frozen Depths:  The Mystery of the Mixed Vegetables
The Not Shining:  The Missing Batteries
When Polyester Attacks:  Hot Flashes
The Loneliness of the Channel Surfer:  The Late Night Hours
To Tweet or Not To Tweet:  That Is the Question
Living Large: The Upsurge of Elastic Waists
Who Turned the Heat Up:  Guilty?
The Missing Remote:  Who Used It Last?

Silly, I know.
 But, I ask you:  Why Not? 
Again:  Why the Heck Not?

12 comments:

  1. Christmas Chronicles: The Attack of the Leftovers or What's In YOUR Fridge?
    I love your living large title.....Great title for a diet cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, love the title "When polyester attacks:Hot flashes" What I have here is---Rain: A Never Ending Story-------Great post, thanks for the laughs :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Susan,
    So sorry to have been gone so long from your delightful sense of humor and your unbounded creativity. That creativity is threaded through each of your titles, but I especially like "Living Large: The Upsurge of Elastic Waists."

    In the past three years, since I began to experience some health problems, I've eaten way too much comfort food and I now need to lose 20 pounds. So I'm living large and buying elastic waists! You'd have a lot of readers for that book.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! So hard to pick my favorite, but I'm going with -
    Living Large: The Upsurge of Elastic Waists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME LOL!

    My favs are:
    When polyester attacks:Hot flashes
    &
    The Missing Remote: Who Used It Last?

    :0) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delores, that would be a great title. There is a mystery bowl in the back of my fridge.
    Siv Marie, sorry about the rain. I would love to trade you some heat for your rain.
    Dee, those pounds have a way of sneaking up on us all.
    Brianna--I once stated that I would never wear pants with elastic waists. So far, so good.
    Elisa--I wonder what titles you could create with your children as inspiration??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Riveting tales of Menopause 2: Everywoman's slide towards Insanity.
    More riveting tales: Sanity regained (mostly)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I am laughing literally OUT LOUD, yes I am. Your titles are hilarious. The NOT Shining and Living Large...too funny.

    BTW I tagged you today. Play if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, thanks for the laugh.

    Reading yours, made me think of these:

    Hot Potatoes: Passing the buck
    Drop Dead: Ugly
    Lickity Split -- The Story of Ice Cream

    Don't ask me to explain 'em. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved these! All too true.

    Veggie Tales: Alien Furry Leftovers

    I think I need to purge the frig!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just brainstormed some titles that will appear on the Hook, Line, and Sinker blogfest on 2/13. I had fun with them. I like the silly ones even better than the possible candidates.

    Murder in California: World Poker Tour Made Me Do It

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!