Monday, January 30, 2012

A Song for my Husband

McDonald's Breakfast Burrito

My husband of 39+ years and I have had this running ‘battle’.  One thing you need to know is that he loves fast food while I am not one who randomly eats empty calories or fat-laden burgers.  Another thing you need to know is that John loves to eat this fast food in the car while he is driving.

The Big Mac
Oh, the arguments we have had over the years.
 
Oh, the Big Macs, Famous Stars, and Jumbo Jacks that he has eaten (not always successfully) while trying to drive. While he does this, I am simmering in the passenger seat, sometimes steering the car while he stuffs those special sauce burgers into his mouth.
 
And, no, he would not let me drive while he ate.  You don’t want me go into that direction.

Famous Star
In honor of this ongoing struggle, I have written lyrics for a song.  The melody would be more on the lines of country western; maybe Arlee Bird or Elisa'shusband Cade could come up with something.  Well, here goes.

I’ll eat my dang burrito—
Don’t care if it might drip.
Oh, sure, the thing is messy,
But I’m over fifty-six.

Chorus:
Eat my burrito-oh- oh…
And pour salsa down the side!
Eat my burrito-oh-oh…
And let that salsa slide.

I’ll eat that hot burrito
‘Cause McDonald’s made it hot.
Jumbo Jack--nummmmy!
I am a grown man, that you know,
A careless kid I’m not.

Chorus
(Possible key change with a snazzy riff)

I’ve got this big ol’ belly,
It works just like a tray.
No, I don’t need another napkin,
I 'll do it my own way.

Chorus

You might hand me a napkin,
There’s a big drip down over there.
No, the people that I work with
Won’t notice or even care.

Chorus
(Repeat, and throw in some big ending)

WELL, there you have it: a song for my husband. 

Also, today is the A to Z Challenge Kick Off!   This is so exciting!!  Click on the badge on the right of this post to access all the information!   Yay!

12 comments:

  1. You've got something going here, Susan. Add a guitar, some dancers, hubby with sauce on his chin - this can go viral.

    Today, a burrito connoisseur, tomorrow a media sensation.
    Arleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does hubby think of this? Since I'm teaching my daughter to drive now, we're so extra careful about what we do when we drive...there are so many distractions that adults don't even think about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...Too bad I can't read or write notes..I sang right along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Susan,
    I'm not a musician but I could almost hear the music flowing through those words!

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm smelling a #1 hit......or is that just the double bacon burger?! LOL!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne is smelling a hit while I smell FOOD! lol But I promise ti eat in the kitchen not the car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This could just as easily have been written for me :) Your husband is blessed.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps you need to approach one of the fast food giants and see whether they would like to adopt this song as their anthem? I think it could be a winner. I love it, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh this was hilarious! I laughed all the way through it. I think it came to me in a Willie Nelson type of voice. It could work!e
    Thanks for the A-Z reminder! I'm off to visit now :D

    Jen

    PS: I hope you're feeling better after this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha yeah. I actually love fast food, but I stay the heck away from it, because I love it too much.

    I do, however, prefer to park before I eat my big mac. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hubby is a soda junkie. The man can't get enough. Every time I think I've successfully purged soda from the house, I find 1 liters under the car seats. Fun song; thanks for sharing it! And thank you for the A-to-Z mention.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 A-to-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!