Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What People Do...

Source: Texting while driving
The number of deaths and injuries in car accidents caused by texting and other driver distractions is growing in a painful way.

In many states, drivers seen texting or on the phone are subject to huge fines and tickets.  Several graphic commercials have been shown demonstrating how quickly deadly accidents occur if drivers are texting or otherwise distracted.

How many of you dozed off by the third sentence?  Raise your hands, don’t be shy!

Lately I, my friends and family have been observers of CRAZY drivers who were engaging in AMAZING activities!   Here is a list:

Playing a violin while driving, using the knees to steer the wheel!

Performing all manner of sex acts

A female changing her clothesevery item of clothing!

Eating full on meals

Putting on make-up

Playing video games

Watching movies

Reading books

Clipping toenails




Can you add to this list?  We must stop this craziness!

15 comments:

  1. Damn, clipping toe nails, that takes skill. What nut jobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Clippers, toe nails, and driving lead to disaster of one sort or another.

      Delete
  2. So where are you driving around? I want to make sure I never drive around your neighborhood.

    So do you think the violin player might want other drivers to applaud?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in a residential street area, not much traffic at the time. The violinist may not have known how visible he was--I could not access my phone's camera in time.

      Delete
  3. Clipping toenails???!!! Now, I've heard it all. Someone in our family, who is a deputy sheriff, used to text while driving. After two accidents she stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've seen two semi-trucks out of their lanes, texting. One was for awhile, then he went off the side of the road, coming back on from the rumble sound. We passed him and he was STILL texting. I thought that was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going off the road? Still texting? I hope he isn't on the road when I am!

      Delete
  5. Hubby got pulled over one Christmas night He'd been weaving on and off the shoulder of the road . Cop asked if he'd been drinking. No. Why was he unable to hold the wheel straight, then? He kept reaching into the backseat to fetch the baby's pacifier and return it to her to keep her from wailing. Officer was a new dad himself and let him off .:) Why didn't I fetch the binky? My arms are too short! I would have had to take off my seatbelt and lay over the headrest to perform what Albatross Man can do with a single stretch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also had to retrieve the pacifier for one of my gr-daughters. My daughter was driving; I had to climb over into the back seat to get the thing. Next time I had a few pacifiers in my purse.

      Delete
  6. Aaargh. Here too, though it is illegal here to use your phone (unless it is hands free) while driving. I watch people putting make-up on in awe. How they don't ram the mascara brush into their eyeballs I don't know. One of the things I saw was a 'gentleman' cleaning his teeth - and leaning waaay out of the window to spit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Distracted driving....just one more way of keeping the population in check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is also called "Darwin Awards" when people do really stupid things, which take them out of the gene pool. I learned this from my daughter.

      Delete
  8. There is a law in our province which prohibits using hand-held devices while driving. And it is very thoroughly enforced.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    desert.epiphanies@sasktel.net
    Bears Noting
    Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!