Friday, August 9, 2013

Just say no...


I do not know how or when this aberration began, but it makes me wonder.

Source: USA network
It is simply this:  I really don’t care how shows end anymore.  I mean, I really do not care a bit who wins the Cupcake Wars.  Or whose food will be Chopped.  Or who wins the World’s Amazing Race (or whatever it is called).

The Amazing Race 18 logo.jpg
Wikipedia, God bless 'em
It does not matter to me.  There will be about five minutes left on the stupid show and I have spent some time watching it, off and on.  Then I shut it down.

Basically, it doesn’t matter who wins on Project RunwaySay Yes to the Dress is the worst—the bride is planning to spend what on that dress?  $3,000 or more?  No, it does not matter at all.

Source
The only show that mattered to me was Tree House Master (or something).  I've always wanted a tree house.  But now? Phhhht. Well, maybe.


Note: the above video is reaaallllyyy long; just watch part of it.  Fast Forward A Lot!


There are so many other things to ponder than these reality shows.

12 comments:

  1. I tend to agree with you when it comes to most reality shows. (Although I have a kid who wants to be a chef and is addicted to Chopped) But most of those shows make me go completely brain dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch Chopped for about 15 minutes, just to see what crazy ingredients will be assigned.

      Delete
  2. A few years ago I developed the ability to walk out mid-show and not care if it got deleted. Apathy. Yay! On the flip side, it would be nice to be excited and really looking forward to something again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I'd love to be excited about anything at all. I guess I feel like I have seen it all by now. Not true, I'm sure.

      Delete
  3. They have gotten bad. I have a few that will keep me in my seat, but they are very few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only TV show is Antique Roadshow. And now PBS is in the summer slump.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pffft I don't even turn the things on to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I don't care either. I can't stand most of these scripted reality shows. I do watch DWTS and enjoy the dancing, but I really don't care who wins. However, I did see some guys recently building tree houses on some show and found it interesting. Who wouldn't love a tree house to run away to at some time. Unfortunately, if I had a tree house, a fire truck would have to make daily runs to get the old lady out of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reality shmeality. Not my reality anway.
    I can walk away from the television with ease. I don't care - and I often (usually) don't believe it anyway.
    I wish I was better at that no word in other aspects of my life though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tv is more disappointing with every passing day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have zero interest in reality shows, have never watched even one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Susan, like "River" above, "I have zero interest in reality shows" and "have never watched even one." But perhaps I have because I have watched "Dancing with the Stars" and "So You Think You Can Dance." Are those reality shows???? I don't watch them anymore because I'd rather read or watch a good movie on my iPad or simply smooth the fur of the cat lying on my lap.

    I've been away for some time and so it's good to return and find you again your fierce honesty about life. Thank you. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!