Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Waiting for Death

Black and White Rose: Rose edited in greyscale. An old fashioned, Victorian effect.
Source: xymonau
I have been waiting for someone to die.  This could sound very evil, but it is not.

My sister-in-law Cheryl has died from complications of diabetes.  She has been in a nursing care facility or hospital for several years.  Diabetes is a debilitating disease that slowly takes away part of a life, a bit at a bit.

Sadly, there are no pictures I can post.  Cheryl hid from the camera, for many different reasons.

Eyes, kidneys, feet, legs, hair, mobility—just about anything can be listed with this horrible disease.

Cheryl.  I have known her since our freshman year at high school.  She sat next to me in freshman English.  She was shy but friendly.  We found were also in chorus and P.E. 

My brother Robert started dating Cheryl in the end of our senior year (I think). They married young, the next year.

So much could be written, but won’t be.


Cheryl has passed from this life to God’s Presence, where Robert waits for her.  Peace and completely healed.

Heaven: Taken from a plane
Source: gabriel77

18 comments:

  1. You have sent her on with lovely thoughts and lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My siblings and I feel great relief and sorrow for Cheryl and her two grown children.

      Delete
  2. Deep sigh of relief on all sides I should imagine. It is so hard to see someone you care about suffering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past year has been esp. difficult for all.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry. And so glad that her suffering and your pain (and other friends and family) because she was suffering is over. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I will always remember her smile and laughter.

      Delete
  4. That disease is awful and it is rising. At least she is out of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it makes you wonder if pets don't have the better care. Suffering is over, hopefully she can find peace now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother said that very same sentiment.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry, Susan . I really am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zoanna. Hearing from blog friends has been very comforting.

      Delete
  7. Oh Susan, my heart hurts for you. Watching a person die over a long time is hard and in the end we are so grateful that they are finally free from pain.

    You wrote this so true and so beautifully, but of course, you would.

    You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Susan - how sad for you - what a difficult post this must have been to write -
    Robert and Susan are in each other's arms again - like they should be..........
    Much love to you my new friend.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Susan - how sad for you - what a difficult post this must have been to write -
    Robert and Susan are in each other's arms again - like they should be..........
    Much love to you my new friend.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mother had diabetes and managed the condition with medication and diet restriction. She died at 78, but not from the diabetes, she had cancer.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!