Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday: PhotoPrompt: The Stone Bridge

earthmother1

Rocks, stones, boulders--whatever--have always fascinated me.  How they are shaped, the composition, and how they are seemingly, almost randomly scattered on earth is absolutely incredible.

This photo is of a rickety bridges across some boulders along a mountain.  While I am not afraid of crossing bridges, this one gives me pause.

What about you?  What would you write as a quick-piece-of-fiction about this photo?  Do it now!  

While you are thinking about this, check out these other site participating in a PhotoPrompt Monday.  You will encounter some good writing, interesting people, and thought-provoking photos.

Delores from
thefeatherednest
Julie from
Empty Nest Insider 
Amy from
  That Amy Saia 
Danielle from
  Sweet Tea Reads 
Elephants Child from
  Elephant's Child 
Susan from
  thecontemplativecat
and Arleen from
Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe  
and Laura from
http://austanspace.blogspot.com

17 comments:

  1. Nice photo prompt.....now I need to get those creative juices cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read what you created with this prompt. "Do we dare not?" Excellent.

      Delete
  2. I would surely pause as well. For that bridge would come apart and send you into the rocks below. But one is rubber so you will just bounce back up and all will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cartoon force is strong in you, young Jedi-Pat.

      Delete
  3. i need to start a new blog just for the many creative writing challenges---i would have liked to write on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are correct! If I were to even try to keep up with the blogfests and such, I would need a dedicated site for just that.

      Delete
  4. Your main character could be a girl named Miss Waters. She falls off the bridge and gets stuck between a rock and a hard place. She is troubled. Along come two famous cats to rescue her. They rescue people by singing them out of their pit. For her they write a song, "Like a Hridge over Troubled Waters."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny. Troubled waters indeed, with Pat's cats there to help.

      Delete
  5. The photograph makes me want to write a poem or get out the oil paints. Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see what you could create!

      Delete
  6. I see mystical tales in the rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be reading my mind! For that is exactly what I was thinking when I chose this photo!

      Delete
  7. That bridge would give me pause as well. I will go away and think about it some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted about your quilt. Such a lovely piece of art.

      Delete
  8. This is great!
    Nothing beats flash fiction to get the creative juices flowing...
    Such an interesting picture! Lends itself to endless writing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do wonder if I would cross that bridge...would it make me turn back? Would I go for the gusto and cross it? I think I would.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!