A to Z 2014

While I would love to leave a follow-up comment after each reader's comment, it can't happen. There are over 2,000 participants! So I will visit your sites instead and think really good thoughts, okay?
Susan Kane

Friday, May 11, 2012

Reflections of the A-to-Z Challenge 2012

I love this badge!


Of all the thoughts and emotions garnered from this year’s Challenge, some strike me in their simplicity. 

It is about writing with fervor and belief.  If the writer does not really get behind what has been written, it turns into a pot of over-cooked goulash.

It is about sharing your passions with your audience.  Laying one’s talent out on a cutting board for all to see means the writer has to have an emotional bond with the writing and the topic.

It is about structure and discipline.  A writer who stares blankly at a blinking cursor and does nothing?  A writer will write no matter what spills out on the ‘page’.

It is about supporting other writers.  ‘The loneliness of the long-distance writer’ is what a writer lives with all the time.  BUT with this blogger community, support is one http://.... away.

It is about growth.  A writer must grow in the writing.  Ever read some of the old stuff packed away in a box or file or disc?  The writer evolves and improves.  Hopefully.

Well, there you have it.  It is impossible to say “Thank YOU!” in any other creative form to the founders, organizers, and supervisors of the A-to-Z 2012 Challenge.  I am certain that great sighs are heaved, champagne flutes clinked together, and well-deserved vacations are taken.  Thank you.

Now, is he talking about this year?  2013?  When?  Okay, I'll be there.

17 comments:

  1. Stripped to the naked truths... simple yet powerful reflection post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was a great time and I've seen some of my old stuff compared to new, surely an improvement hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan!

    Congratulations on the completion of the challenge!

    That reflection is priceless! You are so talented!

    I just want to put your post on a plaque and hang it-(smiling)!

    Hope you will visit my new blog!

    http://betty-alark.blogspot.com/2012/05/what-type-of-character-are-youhanging.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all impressed me. I remarked often on the discipline. As I do not have 26 passions or fervors left, I enjoyed getting a mega dose from the A to Z'ers I kept up with. Once again--good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job on the challenge, and I enjoyed reading each and every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Susan, . . . I can see that being away in Minnesota for April was not so good because I missed all the fine writing of the challenge. I truly can't imagine writing a post every day, and I so admire those of you who sign up for A to Z.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know what you mean, Susan, when I read some of the old writing stuff I cringe. Hope I shan't feel like that about the work I'm producing at present....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so grateful that you and so many other bloggers were prepared to put in the hard work for the A to Z. I loved reading them and revelled in the new perspectives presented to me.
    As a long distance reader - thank you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the support is what it is all about for me--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a good time with the Challenge! Friendship and support are what matter most to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It turned out to be a very good experience for me. It was awesome to have a post every day!! (now I have slowed down, I miss it)

    And I got to meet you!


    Mimi Torchia Boothby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Susan!


    Just dropping by to let you know that I nominated you for the Kreativ award! I thought your blog was so creative and that's my way of letting you know!

    Just stop by my blog and pick it up!

    I know it's a little extra work that comes along with it; however, I know other bloggers will appreciate it!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://bettyalark.blogspot.com/2012/05/award.html

    Fast link!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great list! I hope I can apply these lessons to my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this eloquently expressed post. You have spoken beyond the Challenge and to the heart of what creative writing is all about. Nicely done.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the name of your blog...and the creative way you have summarized the Challenge! Have an enjoyable summer...
    Http://4ambassadorsofchrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!