A to Z 2014

While I would love to leave a follow-up comment after each reader's comment, it can't happen. There are over 2,000 participants! So I will visit your sites instead and think really good thoughts, okay?
Susan Kane

Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday: PhotoPrompt: Ennis Friary, Ireland

Ennis Friary in Ireland


Ireland, a luscious green island, has a long history through time.  All of it is the result of faith, love, war, and political upheaval.  Like skeletons across a verdant land, these stone shells call back to that time and serve as a reminder.  Of what?  That is for you to create: a quick write about this photo.

Please check these other blog sites for photos that inspire writing:


PhotoPrompt list , so far        
 Monday photo posting

Julie from
Empty Nest Insider 
Amy from
  That Amy Saia 
Danielle from
  Sweet Tea Reads 
Elephants Child from
  Elephant's Child 
Susan from
  thecontemplativecat
and Arleen from
Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe  

and Laura from
http://austanspace.blogspot.com


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture....my mind is doing pushups just looking at it. thanks for the contribution to PhotoPromps Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to be able to do this, but right now I'm reading blogs in order to put off the editing to my chn's sequel that is driving me mad! Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic, you would never know such unrest lies there from all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Delores. My mind's going a mile a minute working out stories to fit the picture. It's that beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful pictures and i will come back and check the other photos out--thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the stories behind the pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this picture. Next week I will try to post one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A reminder that blue skies, wisps of cloud and green grass have outlasted, and will continue to outlast any attempt of man to dominate the landscape.
    Thank you, I love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Irish history is reflected in Irish music: the element of sadness in the tin whistle and uilleann (oolun) pipes, the insistent beat on the bodhran (boh-rawn), and the Irish language. Even if I don't understand the language or any of the above, when I hear Irish music, it sweeps over me. That is why I chose that photo.

    Now go write something!! please:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These skeleton walls are an intricate support system for faith. The space represents our open hearts and God's open arms. We are held, yet freely move within the framework of faith, love and hope. Feel the touch of life, creation and peace flow through this place, surround us in light. Infinity . . .

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!