Monday, March 9, 2015

Miracle made by Many

Photo
What was lost, is now found.

Do you know how much Irish dance shoes cost?  No, not the fairy-like soft leather shoes that lace up over white socks (did you know that these socks are actually glued in place, “sock glue”?).  They cost a pittance as compared to the “hard shoe”.

The hard shoe is the stuff of “River Dance” shaking the stage, and costing upwards of $350. 

So imagine my daughter’s distress when one shoe when missing after a big Irish Dance Competition (called a “Feίs”, Fesh) at the Sheraton Hotel in Anaheim, California.  They had called the hotel, who said nothing had turned up.  Many sobs were heard that day.

My husband had a conference the following weekend in Anaheim at an exquisite hotel next to the Sheraton.  Not one to miss some taste of elegance I went with him.   And I popped over to the Sheraton.

Adventures happened, but through the determination of Sheraton’s staff, a house keeper named Maria Luisa recalled finding a shoe last week (huge hotel, hundreds of rooms).


Many thanks go to: Front Desk clerk Anthone, Banquet hall manager Javier, House keeper Maria Luiza, and Lost & Found desk Christine.  When she set the box in front of me and pulled out the lone shoe, it was a miracle.


27 comments:

  1. What a stroke of luck that was. I do understand....completely. The same goes for Flamenco shoes that are only made in Spain, expensive and a complete hassel to get them and often they don't fit and mailing back and forth costs almost as much as the shoes.....bla bla bla.
    You get the prize for finding the shoe and the super heroes who work in the hotel are deserving of much praise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly a miracle--all things had to work together.

      Delete
  2. Wow, they are some expensive shoes. Awesome that it was found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gr-daughters keep growing and new shoes are needed. Fortunately at their dance studio, their is a "trade in/out" box.

      Delete
  3. And there was rejoicing in the land, for the shoe was found lol. Expensive little things aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the best mama in the land. Best Gma, too. The shoe only appeared because you pursued it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a pic of it on camera and forwarded it to my daughter. Joy!
      It was a miracle, because Maria Luisa was cleaning a lounge (not her normal job as we passed by it. Pursuit of a miracle.

      Delete
  5. Echoing Joanne - who knows a good mama and grandmama. Through experience.
    Applauding you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my books, Joanne is amazing in every way: mama, gramma, artist, writer. She is a gem.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Those are some expensive shoes. And how great that the missing shoe turned up! That's good hospitality. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the shoe appeared out of the lost & found box, I nearly cried. I was sure it was Clara's because she puts stickers and bandaids on the shoe laces. Sheraton has my loyalty.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally good news. I bet your daughter hugged you to bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She hugged me, and there might have even been some tears.

      Delete
  9. Wow, that is amazing. Good news. And great that the staff helped as much as they did. Perhaps you should send a note to the corporate people letting them know what a wonderful job those people did. I bet they rarely get compliments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send a note with the names of those amazing people!

      Delete
  10. I know your daughter must have been so happy to get her shoe back. Great staff at that hotel and so nice of you to acknowledge them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wondered if the hotels kept the left-behinds. Now I know, and how organized they are.

      Delete
  11. So glad the shoe was found, The cost alone is something to be thankful for and having to break in a new pair wouldn't be fun.
    I watched the video too, I'm always stunned at the precision of that tapping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I saw River Dance, I was stunned and amazed. It still does that to me.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!