Thursday, January 19, 2017

Wandering Brain: Treasure Hunter


Marie (Shive) Cardiff standing; Lewis Cardiff sitting with daughters Rosemary, Irma, and Minerva


During my brain wanders, I have been thinking about my next post on “Susan Kane, Writer”.  Sounds highfalutin (means pompous, pretentious) doesn’t it. 

Anyway, this blog is about my parents’ parents: Lewis and Marie (Shive) Cardiff, and Theodorus and Amy (Nichols) Peck. The posts are non-chronological, because that is how my memories occur. 

With effects/results of a concussion still rambling around, can’t really write the way I like to write. But I can shuffle through photos and other hard copy for information on people further back the family line.


Who people are come from those people who were.

9 comments:

  1. I hope your brain gets unscrambled soon...I had somewhat the same experience this past summer and it left me a tad 'off course' for a while. It does go away....hopefully sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hope your brain unscrambled quickly.
    And yes, the people we come from do influence us. For good and for ill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to look back at old photo's ... and pass on stories and memories.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father didn't talk about his childhood or family. My mother talked about hers, but I didn't listen carefully. Now all I have are pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you start to feel much better soon. The people I came from are only names on paper for me, with a few photos sprinkled here and there. They weren't spoken of when I was very young apart from mum mentioning grandma at Christmas when we each received a Deutschmark as a gift from her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to take time out of life once in a while and remember relatives. I always feel more comfortable with the older names like, Marie Irma, Rosemary
    and Minerva.

    I've noticed that any trauma to the body causes brain scramble or fog. Now, when I look back at the time when I recently broke my arn, I suffered from brain scramblefor a long time.... not just a few days or a week but perhaps over a month. By contrast, NOW my brain feels clear again and I can tell how foggy it was just after the break.
    Take advantage of this time and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully the brain gets clear soon, but you never know what you mind find in a scramble

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully the fog lifts and your brain unscrambles really soon.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!