Thursday, January 12, 2017

A Wandering Veritgo

Source: iStock

As the room moves when I do, my brain is left behind.  I know I want to write something thoughtful and meaningful, but those words are out dancing.

Sitting here in my husband’s new office, I am surrounded by his books.  They are for the most part lined up in a topical way.  But this row?
God Created the Integers
The Mathematical Experience

Journey through Genius
Calculus: Early Transcendental Functions

Moby Dick

Photons & Atoms
The Twelve Caesars
Voyage to the Heart of Matter

Twelve Best Games of Chess
Acoustic Rock Guitar Bible

A View of the Universe

Paradigms Lost
Poems of Emily Dickinson
Sciencia

How Math Expands the World
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Logicomix: An Epic Search for Truth
The Persian Experiment

The Quantum Story
Danger of the Dragons

Killing Patton
Complex Variables
German (Language) Made Simple


As a post requiring thought, this one is simply looking in the mind and at the book shelves of my beloved. What have you learned about him?

20 comments:

  1. That he has broad interests and is happy to flex his mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: My fingers hit publish too fast. I do hope you are getting better.

      Delete
  2. I've learned that he's misplaced Moby Dick on his bookshelf...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moby Dick and Integers are not that far apart.

      Delete
  3. I have a wandering astigmatism. Apparently the wandering diagnosis is broad. I am lost, and following the AJC lead, which also leaves Emily Dickinson astray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily was an intelligent woman--Why not photons?

      Delete
  4. I've learned he loves to learn, has an interest in many science and math subjects and is a romantic. (the poems of Emily Dickinson)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure likes to learn indeed. Moby Dick may be on the wrong shelf though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Moby Dick was tired of being shelved with Robert Ludlum.

      Delete
  6. I've learned he has eclectic taste. Sure hope you are feeling more like yourself soon. Being dizzy is nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have learned that he likes many areas and things. I've also learned that he's smart...and presumably was a student who had to have a lot of math in his higher education curriculum. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has several degrees in math, chemistry, and physics. He is low on common sense, tho.

      Delete
  8. A good variety of reading here.
    Hope you are feeling a little better, do take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

  9. I have learned hes on a direct flightpath towards achieving Star Trek enlightenment. Journey through Genius is obviously only enjoyed by minds quick enough to calculate Starship navigation typically demonstrated by Mr Data or Spock. Moby Dick was quoted by Captain Picard when Ahabe had to hunt his whale, so your husband likes adventure, has a keen mind for paradigms and of course the search for truth using logic of course is out there second star to the left! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally nailed it. Star Trek is a favorite. SNG plays most of the day on channel 264 here.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!