Tuesday, January 17, 2017

An Encounter to Remember

No automatic alt text available.
Old barn at the top of the first rise.  Oh, I wanted to break in so badly. We caught our breath at this stop.


Since my brain is still dancing about, this post will be about life’s fine moments.

We visited our daughter (in Switzerland) in  2014; had a grand time, played with our grandson, and enjoyed beautiful scenery.  We stayed at an Airbnb apartment just outside the city in KÖniz.

Getting there required two train changes and one bus. The last train dropped us off at bottom of a fairly short but steep rise.  My husband once counted the steps.

It led to a farm where our journey evened out.  Greatest stop ever.  This farm girl reveled in fields of wheat, orchards of apples, and dairy cows.

The next portion of our walk was up an even steeper hill.

Okay, the above is fairly lucid but the typos were many.  Hope I got them all.

No automatic alt text available.

In our 2+ week stay, I formed a relationship with one of the milk cows.  Morning and night she was in line for the milking machine. We exchanged in-depth eye contact. Although her ear tag is missing in this photo, it was #73.


I will never forget her.

19 comments:

  1. I hope that you are starting to feel better.
    Don't cows have beautiful eyes? Soft, melting and incredible lashes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Cow eyed" girl? Source of that saying?

      Delete
  2. Hope your brain decides to sit the next one out.
    She's giving you the cow-eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have those days when the mind is all over the place. I wonder if the cow remembers you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the cow still produces milk, she'd be around, but her long-term memory is poor.

      Delete
  4. LOVE those old barn doors; I'd love to see them restored and hung as entrance doors to my dream house.
    My mind has wandering days too, usually when I have that "head stuffed with cottonwool" feeling during bouts of severe hayfever. The only thing to do is go to bed and sleep it off.
    I do hope your head feels much better and more normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure giving you the holy cow eye haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy cow! Haven't heard that one in years!

      Delete
  6. Sweet remembrance to share with us. Your travels, a beautiful grandchild, the farms and cows. I really love cows and I've always found them to be very smart.
    Get plenty of rest and shoo stress away from your doorstep.
    Love, Belva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like farm land and cows for easing the nerves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. This farmer had an equipment shed full of John Deere tractors.

      Delete
  8. Cows do have a way about them that can draw us into their languid, large brown eyes. I had a similar relationship with a calf when I was a little girl, visiting relatives (not the cows) on a farm! That calf and I became very good mates during my visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful creatures with eyes full of expression.. I never eat beautiful creatures. I eat chicken and shrimp.

    I hope your head feels better soon, Susan. That was quite an accident you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It apparently was. More than I knew then.

      Delete
  10. I always think cows have wonderful eyes ... a lovely photo.

    Hope you may be feeling a bit better soon, that was a nasty fall you had.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!