Monday, January 12, 2015

Finally: 1969

File:Cornfield Texas Mulder Scully Fight the Future.jpg
The Truth is out there...
Months passed, with no other meaningful news from the National Enquirer, a respectable newspaper as we all know by now. Nothing else had happened 1968, except for the wedding of Elvis Presley and Priscilla something, and the birth of their only child (Lisa Marie—exactly nine months after the wedding!!) on Feb. 1, 1968

1969 rolled in with an endless winter.  When spring and then summer arrived, we gladly opened the windows and put in the screens.

NOW this is what happened:

I was woken after midnight by a whirring sound and flashing lights outside my bedroom window.  I sat straight up and curled up into the corner of my bed against the wall, watching the lights and hearing the strange sound.  The sound and lights lasted maybe three minutes.  Then suddenly the show ended, and I forced myself to look out the window at the total darkness.

Somehow I fell asleep and had a strange dream in which the aliens took two of my brothers, Robert and Bill.  For some reason that gave me pleasure.

I told my mom about the incident.  Odd enough, Mom had heard the same sounds, but saw no lights because her room was on the north side of the house.  My room was on the south side.


Is there something to be fathomed from this experience?  I do not know.

HOWEVER,  if this appeals to you, go to this On the edge of my Bed.

This really happened to me...hard to explain...


26 comments:

  1. The aliens were just checking in on you, after their kidnapping and mind wipe they wanted to see how you were doing lol this site? link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I have pondered this over the years.

      Delete
  2. It wasn't an ambulance engine that whirred, sans siren, just lights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our rural area, there were no ambulances. I don't know when the local hospital got one. Maybe 20 years ago?

      Delete
  3. Were your bothers still there? If they were gone I'd say it really happened. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were there. I told them about the event, embellishing it to say there were beams that were looking for them. Bad beams.

      Delete
  4. Freaky. Were you disappointed in the morning when your brothers were still there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not disappointed at all. But the idea of alien abduction was interesting.

      Delete
  5. Helicopters passing low looking for the 'funny grass'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, not back then. Maybe now, certainly.

      Delete
  6. Two of my brothers are also Robert and William. And I would often have been very grateful if they had been abducted.
    That experience would have nagged at me until I found an answer. Which means it would still be nagging (intermittently). Does it nag at you still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It DOES! I still think about it, remember the details. Now, all those years later, I have visited sites that tell of the flurry of UFO reports during the 1960s and 70s. A good number were in the Midwest..
      It is good to know someone understands the nagging memory.

      Delete
  7. If it wasn't a misplaced piece of farm equipment I'd say the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have added, a real figment or a real UFO.

      Delete
    2. I don't know. I have often wondered what would I have seen if I had peered out the window at the lights. Hmmmm.

      Delete
  8. Wow, maybe that was the beginning of a secret invasion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Were your brothers different after this?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really makes me miss Mulder and Scully :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very suspenseful, Susan. Now, you have to slowly give us the rest. What happened next? Glad to have found your blog again. I don't know what happened, how I missed so much of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I did not experience any more excitement, at least none that I know of...with UFOs and aliens, one never really knows. Good to see your name!

      Delete
  12. I've had weird things happen that are ridiculously hard to explain. Most notably a huge shadow shaped like a black butterfly (huge as in bigger than the size of my whole front SUV window) fly right at my car, making me swerve and not hit to teen boys on bikes (it was nighttime). My daughter was w/me and saw it too. Doesn't matter if no one else believes us. It's almost like it never happened, but it did. Just an odd thing, like your thing, that I can't explain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You huddled in the corner by the wall? I would have thought you'd be pressed up against the window to see as much as you could. I've never seen or heard any UFOs, but I did once have a cold patch of air pass close by me in the hallway of someone's house. I assumed it was a ghost, but never found out if that house had any history of a ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would be amazing if there were others out there, Susan, and hopefully friendly. Thank you so much for you kind encouragement, I shall let you know when River Dark is available, probably March if no more husband health scares. Won't be available hard copy in Amazon.com, but if you connect to my website http://caroleannecarr.co.uk
    you will be able to purchase there, free postage to my American friends, or you may be able to purchase on the Amazon.uk site, but don't know about the postage.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!