Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Eighteen Defining Thoughts

Organize Your Thoughts on Paper Step 3.jpg
Your thoughts....

Share 18 defining thoughts….

I do not think I can hit #18, but will at least write a few.

#1 and most important is my relationship with God.  Even when my beliefs were wobbling, God kept His hand over me, protecting me.  Through Jesus Christ, my sins are forgiven.

#2 is the love my husband and I share.

#3 …my children who are now mature adults.  John and I were young parents, in our 20s, and did not know what we were doing.  Somehow, these wonderful people did not know that at the time.

#4 …writing, which began when I was barely able to read. Pencil on school lined paper or pen on better paper, writing is more than just tossing some words.  Writing is a constant growing experience which expands the brain and makes me smile.

#5 …art.  My aspiration at one time was to be an artist.  Have a minor in art.  I watched my gr-daughters quite a bit when they were young; we did art together, with me teaching. (I had a “Grandma Bag” which carried a variety of art supplies.)  Maybe I will be more active now that my gr-daughters are pursuing other arts.

#6 …quilting…which is also art.  Colors make my heart sing.

#7 …reading and journaling.  Books of all types and genre.  My husband loves astronomy and so do I.

#8 …my siblings are precious to me.  There were once five of us, three brothers and my sister.  Two brothers died while in their 40s. 

#9 …memories of my parents and long-past relatives. 

#10 …the stories from my family that I recall and write down, now with the speed a computer provides.

#11 ...seeing a baby...holding a baby...watching parents holding babies....a baby's smile...

Well, now you have it!  There are more but they would probably seem unimportant when I re-read this.

Baby!

                                                                         


23 comments:

  1. Your defining thoughts and a blue print for a precious and peaceful life. I'm glad you included #11...holding and seeing a baby. I feel the same way during this time of my life. I was so busy with my own kids that I had no time or energy left to really appreciate what a blessed gift the little ones really are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babies...babies. You are so right--when my own kids were young I was so busy in their care and the house, that I didn't have the elements you mentioned.

      Delete
  2. I could add watching nature unfold to that list and the joy that a house pet brings to your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. House pet? My kids would have loved one, but we moved to Ireland and then back.
      We did have a black tomcat in Ireland that deigned to visit us now and then, to get food I think.

      Delete
  3. Great 11 to be proud of indeed. You forgot changing a baby's diaper though, that not count? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! God placed a lot of creativity in you and you were able to share that passion with your grandkids. You should get back to doing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a list of your own.

      Delete
  6. Too many people complain about what they don't have, instead of being joyful of the marvelous things that surround them. You have it right, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy is the place to be and the way to live!

      Delete
  7. Do you see in color, too? I have a friend who does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess I do. Walking into a fabric store dazzles me.

      Delete
  8. Writing is your Art.
    For me, reading is important, it's my escape when things get tough.
    I have to agree with you on #11 though, holding babies and watching their faces as they learn new expressions and new ways to communicate, that's pretty close to heaven right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I see a baby, I turn into "Grandma Goo".

      Delete
  9. Love it. And don't new-born babies smell divine. One of the most heart-warming smells I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the softness of their tummies. Oohhh.

      Delete
  10. I melt when I kiss that little face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are an artist. Your medium might be quilts or words, but that's still art. And thanks for the lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one artist to another, thank you so much.

      Delete
  12. I love these thoughts - I can tell how much feeling you put into these. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Life should be thought out.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!