Friday, August 15, 2014

The Noble Lineage

Sistine Chapel
After spending/wasting a good part of the afternoon, the truth has emerged.  GENI© has wandered through the family line of my mother’s grand-mother, Sarah Ann.  Twisting and turning, I followed only the male line for ease of surnames, there it was:

I am related to God Almighty!  God Almighty is my 93rd Great-Grandmother!

Sarah Ann introduced some great genes into the humble family line, as her husband Elish’s information dead-ends when he was orphaned with his brother in Ohio. 

Her ancestors came from England = from Wales= from being the King of the Druids Wales = from Italy = from land of the Hebrews.  The researcher(s) made some phenomenal leaps to some conclusions that announced Adam had a daughter (!) who started the whole march of lineage.

While I could be rejoicing here, there are few things I know already.

I am a Child of God without following a bloodline; the only bloodline I follow is Christ’s blood. And I also know that the jump from Sarah Anna involves some crazy speculation.  God Almighty is not my 93rd grandmother.

I will take the part about:

BrĂ¢n “Fendigaid” (the Blessed) ap Llur Lieddiarth, Saint, Brenin of Silures

Or, Cerwyd ap Crydon, King of the Druids and Cornwall

Or, Tros, King of Troy.


P.S. My mother always told me that “Grammy” Sarah Ann had been kidnapped and raised by Gypsies and had the gift of second sight.  People came to her to read tea leaves.  Also, I wonder what tracing through the matriarchal lines would show me?

And, Queen Elizabeth 1 is my second cousin 14 times removed!  

Queen Elizabeth I
The formal painting of Elizabeth 1, now hanging in Hatfield House

16 comments:

  1. Uh...yeah....I can see the family resemblance, sort of....Doesn't matter where you come from, it's what you do while you are here that really matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true. I wonder how many genealogists would look at this and laugh.

      Delete
  2. lol that is surely some ancestry you have there. Does 14 times removed count though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. At least no in this modern era.

      Delete
  3. My goodness, what an interesting family! I do hope you keep exploring.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will, unless the search leads me to real family names. The idea of God Almighty as my 93rd grandmother sealed my lack of trust.

      Delete
  4. Fun! My father's done quite a lot of research on our family history. No one famous yet. Gotta figure we're all descended mostly from Joe and Jane Schmo, third house down on the left. Kudos to all of them for surviving plagues, famines, wars, etc. long enough to reproduce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there were more known about Sarah Ann's husband, Elish. Came over during the Potato Famine with his father who died, leaving Elish and brother orphans and no knowledge about their heritage.

      Delete
  5. My family history is shrouded in mystery - and probably deserves to stay there. And I would agree with Delores who you are is much less important than what you do. Or is to me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with Delores. Searching in the past began with curiosity until something ridiculous kicked it. I was truly flabbergasted and disillusioned. I do like the part about the king of the druids cornwall.

      Delete
  6. I don't know too much about my ancestors. Are you saying I'm related to them? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ancestors that had a speaking relationship with my own grandparents are interesting to me, since there are photos. The long distant ones make me distrust the research. Elizabeth I will be disappointed.

      Delete
  7. Let me know if any of your new powers kick in. Maybe you'll have some clout with Mother Nature now!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should be getting rain any second now, if that is the case!

      Delete
  8. I feel so honoured to be in your presence, your Highness. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!