Monday, August 18, 2014

The COOL cars


While my own experience with cars is limited to home to school/store to home, I have spent time recently with my grandson, the car thief.  While his vocabulary is that of a two-year old (which he is), he has clear vision on the types of cars.  There are three:  little cars, big cars, and cool cars.  He is quite serious when he says "COOL cars."

It makes perfect sense, this division of cars.
Here are some “cool cars”.

I tried to remember what this is....






Now, given that these are “cool cars”, there are many cars that used to be the "Kings of Cool Fast Cars".  Sadly, they have broadened their line.
Maserati Kubang SUV
Not your father's Mazerati
2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel 4dr SUV Badge

Large Accommodating Doors
The Lincoln SUV that soccer moms love
Jaguar's new roar
 Ferrari SUV Rendered Yet Again
Zoooooom! Ferrari!
The Dukes of Hazard and Magnum P.I. must weep at the devolution of the cool fast cars.

P.S.  The Mustang is still the Mustang.  You can see them at this site.

16 comments:

  1. I'd like to have a Chevy Belair myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Ferrari SUV? That's... odd.
    I still want a Bugatti. Hope they never made an SUV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not check that one out...wonder what their site would show...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are a bit expensive, but it would be interesting to read reviews.

      Delete
  4. We have a '57 Chevy Belair hardtop. Granted, it's a 4 door, but we love it. It's waaaaaay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A ferrari SUV, that might be neat to give a go

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fascination starts early doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my grandson, it was immediate! He loves anything with wheels, from the time he could walk. My son was the same, even though the dolls and tea sets were mingled with his cars and weapons of destruction.

      Delete
  7. If I had my pick I would like a 66 corvair like I used to drive in high school :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like a '56 Ford truck. Fond memories from the farm.

      Delete
    2. I like the pre-60's classics. My dream would be a circa 1950 Hudson. My wife would hate it I'm sure.

      Lee
      Tossing It Out

      Delete
  8. Your grandson has great taste! I love looking at cars. Whenever I bring my car in for service or a wash, I always walk around looking at the latest models. In a few years, our cars will be driving us around.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!