Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What's in a Name?



Photo: Angel Mary #advice
It makes perfect sense, doesn't it.


Well, apparently your name, the year of your birth, and the statistics related to such are highly significant.

Are you a Kenneth?  Chances are good that you are between 38 to 65 years old.  Or, maybe a Dorothy?  You are probably between 64 to 77 years old.

Here are some other name:


Barbara:  56 to 74


Ashley:  17 to 26


Fred:  53 to 74


Herbert: 52 to 74


Faith: 7 to 24



The years when Disney Princesses hit the screen definitely changed the scale.  

With the young male ages, it seems that names that end in -en, -an, -in, and -on seem to be popular.  Oddly enough "Oliver" had a quite a run long after the movie was released.

Sooo, where are YOU?  "Susan" is between 47 and 58.  I'll take that.

Are you brave enough?  Can you take this step?  Check out this site!


P.S.  Betty is between 62 and 80+



What is in a name?



If the font is too small (and sometimes they are), Press "control and then +" and see if that helps.  Delores told me that.  She is brilliant.


20 comments:

  1. What is popular at the time sure does dictate names

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Susan" was popular in the 1950s because President Eisenhower had a newborn granddaughter named Susan.

      Delete
  2. I am NOT 75...then again they spelled it with an "o" so that probably makes a difference lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't take it seriously. Names also come from within the family. My Aunt Minerva was named after her aunt, and it was not a big name at the time.

      Delete
  3. That is interesting how they go about that. I'm not there, guess I'm just too random lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe there are some Irish connections?

      Delete
  4. I wonder if mine defies the norm. I used to get a lot of people thinking I was an old lady if they had only seen my name before we met. Now I AM getting to be an old lady, so it's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you aren't an old lady. Even when the years stack up, you will not be an old lady!

      Delete
  5. All my grandchildren bear family names, except Emily. She quizzed me, who was this one named after, who was that one named after. All I could say for "Who was I named after?" was name d'jour. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily? Emily...Emily Dickinson? Whatever, Emily is a perfect name.

      Delete
  6. Naturally my name isn't on any of the charts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan was popular on the other side of the world in the fifties too. There were a lot of us, and Helens, in my classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen Hayes was big at the time as was Susan Hayward. We are obviously important.

      Delete
  8. Very interesting. No Keiths on there but it was still an interesting read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Keiths??? Now that is just not fair.

      Delete
  9. I didn't see my name there. What a shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did your parents decide to be inventive? Zoanna is so soft and gentle sounding.

      Delete
  10. My own name, George (which I conceal behind my deucedly clever pseudonym, Geo.), finds its median just left of 60, which I resent. I am almost 65 and proud to have aged every minute of it. When I was 20 and courting my future wife, she said "George is an old-man name." I have devoted many years to proving her correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The future king of England is George + a list of other names. You are in fine company.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!