Monday, July 1, 2013

Tuesday by David Wiesner




The love of a good book knows no bounds, absolutely none.  One without words, done by an exceptionally creative artist storyteller is doubly loved.  Triply, even.

Tuesday is written by David Weisner.  Describing the book would be doing it an injustice.  But I will say that toads/frogs are strange creatures who seem to manage the impossible in nature.  How a mud puddle in the middle of our farm driveway would suddenly burgeon with tadpoles which morphed into frogs and then disappeared, I could never figure out. 

Recently Diane Tolley from On the Alberta/Montana Border wrote about the mysterious appearance of amphibians/toads/frogs in a place that never had them.  And then, they disappeared.  

If you have not read her posts or are unaware of this blogger, please visit her.  Diane shares her life growing up on a ranch and her love of adventure in her wonderful posts.  

I do not have an answer for her.  But I promised her that I would share this book and link it to her post, Toad today, Gone tomorrow  

Enjoy!

This following animated version is delightful!  Please click on this link and see the video!  Thanks!  DOROS Animation: Tuesday


15 comments:

  1. Nice trailer, raining toads and frogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These creatures are amazing. My brothers always thought they were also delicious. Go figure.

      Delete
  2. They are fascinating creatures. I love the flying-carpet lily pads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, too! The looks on the frog faces is absolutely joyful.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Can you imagine?! I hope you enjoy this book!

      Delete
  4. Love this! And I'm not familiar with Diane's blog so I need to go check that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane Tolley's stories always make me smile. How she survived her adventures on the ranch leaves me speechless!

      Delete
  5. What an amazing trailer. I love, love, love the flying frogs. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like my kind of book. Thanks Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that book! My kids and I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The artwork for the trailer is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating trailer. I had to click on it again. I'll check her out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!