Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wednesday Words: Pamela


Pamela had always been a gregarious child, her grandma said with just a bit of pride.  Grandpa called her Munchkin which made her laugh, because she was anything but small or weak.  Tall as a man and just as strong, Pamela could handle just about any physical challenge.

Pamela had always been a gregarious child, her grandma said with just a bit of pride.  Grandpa called her Munchkin which made her laugh, because she was anything but small or weak.  Tall as a man and just as strong, Pamela could handle just about any physical challenge.

Wikipedia, God bless 'em
The moonshiners in the back woods often tippled back a few samples of their work, which set them carousing and singing bawdy songs at the top of their lungs.  One afternoon, Grandpa mentioned that he wished those n’er do wells would get their comeuppance someday.  Pamela gave thought to his words.

When dusk was just dipping, Pamela wrapped herself in a burlap sack and darkened her face with charcoal.  Gazing about the barn, she noticed some ancient tools and buckets.  There in the corner was a rusted bed pan that Ol’ Aunt Pitty has used before she died.

Source: freepages.history...
Armed with the pan, Pamela crept silently up to the camp where the carousing men were staggering around.  She leapt from the brush with a roar.  Stunned, the men were speechless as Pamela battered them with the bed pan until some fainted

“GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!” Pamela roared.  They ran.

Pamela destroyed the still and jars of moonshine.

There would be no more carousing near Grandpa’s farm.

P.S.  Oh, Delores!  You are messing with our minds!
        The underlined words have been given to us by Delores @thefeatherednest.  Please visit this site to read what some have written in the comment section.  Also take a look at the participating sites in the right sidebar.  Fun reading.

17 comments:

  1. A woman after my own heart. Fantastic use of the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Delores. Where did you find "bed pan"?

      Delete
  2. She takes no crap. Were you trying to go all Twilght Zone at the start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Twilight Zone will be another day.

      Delete
  3. Hey Susan,

    Nice usage of those words. However, I think I'm seeing double and I don't ever drink moonshine. I'm getting the hell outta' here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen "poition" in Ireland, and it could start a forest fire. Better run!

      Delete
  4. What a creative story Susan! That bed pan surely came in handy!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure your heroine's name is not Delores? Pamela is just too tame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I chose it. Every Pamela I have known is sweet and demure.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the story! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  7. When someone messes with your wonderful mind, it has the most amazing results! I keep forgetting to try this some Wednesday, it looks like so much fun!

    I wanted to tell you that with your sock drawer as inspiration, as I put back my demi tasse cups that I used to collect in their cabinet, they suddenly started to speak to me and stories came into my mind. It just happened, I didn't write anything down, but I may try to later. It was something like mean girls in highschool, the snotty cup, the poor cup, the pretty one, etc. Thanks for getting my old brain going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see a bed pan used in a constructive way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Pamela! Another fun story to read, I'm so impressed with your creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Battered with a bedpan! Ha ha, that made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!