Monday, February 13, 2017

When the Sun Shines


My old watering can

Had this watering can forty years. it was old when I found it.

Still works like it was new.

Does a touch up for dry plants. 

Lilac bush still surviving. Didn’t think it could do that.

Other two dried to crackling. Nearly broke my heart.

This geranium has had a long run, and made it. Nearly dead when we got here. 

Food and water. Food and water. All it needed.

Sneaky things are weeds.  There, trying to hide like it’s one of geraniums. 

Who’d it think it could fool?

Grabbed it, pulled, gave a little, then broke off above the ground.

Silly weed.  Don’t it know a weed-killing old woman sees it?

Gotta pull a weed out until white and straggling hair roots see light. 

Then weed’s over and done with.



I will get you.  No doubt about it.

I am not a vicious person by nature, but weeds affect me in a strange way.

12 comments:

  1. I love old watering cans and old wheelbarrows.

    Great photo ...

    Begone you weed!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to say that the video didn't work for me. But, when it comes to weeds, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I don't know why, there is no video. May the wind was blowing?
      Anyway, just put up a diff. photo.

      Delete
  3. The videos aren't there. But weeding. Yeah, get 'im gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not able to see any image. I have seen before the watering pot. I love it. Old is gold:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't let the weeds win. No image shows at my sea either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't see the watering can but I do love old watering cans.
    I love newer ones too. In fact one could say I have a watering
    can fetish. Weeds are my bug-a-boo too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something has gone askew with this post. I re=posted it at Where the Sun Don't Shine. Hope that one takes!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!