Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Dream Large


In our California community like all other communities, houses were built in sub-divisions with usually three house designs.  Unless residents are permitted by the homeowners association to individualize home by paint color, they all look alike.

Anyone with an imagination can/will/might struggle with blandness. People may even find themselves numbed by repetitive sameness. 

A few options below might spark oppressed creativity:


This house may have difficulties with FedEx deliveries, but none with neighbors.
Little hut on a teeny tiny island - just look at that water!:
source



I like this one
In Bethesda, MD

This one is probably a fixer-upper.
Image result for tree growing through buildings pinterest
I could live in this!
Out of focus, but it is around a tree, and how cool is that!
Design would keep house temperature even, winter or summer.
Real house, yes, really
Clicking on the site shown beneath the photos will allow to dream large, but only dream.  These houses are for the rich, not a retired elementary school teacher such as my self.

19 comments:

  1. I like the second one. It looks like it would be cool in summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this one; it would work for me. But I'd love to vacation in #1 and #4.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, bland is the way for many of us as you sure need to be rich to own some like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hope one of owners calls and asks me to house sit.

      Delete
  3. I like all of them! And your photo too. I plan to post a new one of myself as well, it has been almost 4 years since the current one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks about the photo! I loved the variety of houses.

      Delete
  4. Love the 2nd one. Not too far from where I used to live, there was this house that had a swirling shingled roof. I'm not sure how they achieved the effect, but it was quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would the interior be, I wonder? It would have to swirl as well.

      Delete
  5. The Island home would require a FedEx helicopter for deliveries.
    I like the one built into the hillside, temperature control would be so easy as the packed earth is a great insulator. It reminds me of the underground homes in the Coober Pedy opal fields here, where above ground temperatures are horrendously high, but the houses below ground are a constant cool temperature in summer and warm in winter, although it doesn't get really cold up there except overnight, when the temperature drops similar to being in a desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opal fields? My aunt had a ring with Australian Opal, and it was lovely.

      Delete
  6. P.S. the bland, same-same look of the houses is restricted to the exterior I hope, with individuality making each home unique inside? What about the garden areas? must they all be the same at the front of the house or is individuality allowed there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paint colors run freely inside. The front garden area is ours, but homeowner association's gardeners keep those fairly uniform. Our side and back are ours to do as we wish. Not much room.

      Delete
  7. I suppos pizza could be delivered to house #1 via a drone. Bonus is that you save on the tip.

    Years ago, there was a man in my town who built a home almost completely underground He got quite a bit of publicity but I have not heard anything about him for a long time. He was a bachelor and my feeling is that he still is.

    I guess pizza could be delivered to house #1 via a drone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either drone or motor boat. Either way, pizza would need a microwave heat-up.

      Delete
  8. Just love the colour of the sea in your first one.
    Unfortunately picture three will not show on my computer ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correction picture three is now showing!
      Perhaps my computer had a glitch?

      All the best Jan

      Delete
    2. My computer randomly wipes out photos and I never know why. Your computer? Mine? toss up.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!