Friday, February 27, 2015

Wednesday Words: Claudia

IQF Broccoli Florets
Broccoli! Dana Carvey

When Claudia purchased an expensive franchise, she knew what to expect.  Money flowed from her investment account like Cola from a drink dispenser. 

Even though Claudia was a CPA, and had examined a thorough spread sheet, she was nervous about taking such a leap.

Claudia and her large family painted and created a restaurant that could never be called mundaneHer mother held up a paint can, noticing the color label, and called out.

Mija! Quien quiere comer en un restaurant estάn pintados con el color de broccoli?”**

Claudia smiled.  “Todos, Mama!  Todos!”***


**Sweet girl! Who would want to eat in a restaurant painted in the color of broccoli?"


***Everyone, Mama!  Everyone!"

These underlined and bold words, sentence phrases are provided by Delores from Under the Porch Light.  Each Wednesday,  Delores provides six daunting words for any who wishes to participate in this writing challenge. Please visit her site by clicking on the frozen cardinals in the sidebar; you will find other writers who have taken different slants on these words!  You should be intrigued...

12 comments:

  1. Obviously she marches to the beat of a different vegetable lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegans will go there by the dozen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I love broccoli...my gr-daughters call it "little trees".

      Delete
  4. An entire restaurant painted broccoli green? Wow, that's different. I like broccoli, I think it would be a little bright as a paint colour. It could work if the room is big enough to carry such a colour and maybe there are other colours as contrasts and accents.
    If the food is good, people won't care too much about the wall colour anyway.
    I remember my mum calling broccoli 'little trees' so I always did too, and my kids learned that from me, along with fairy cabbages for brussels sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...my children caled the sprouts :little green balls. Back then they did not like them; now they do.

      The other colours would have to compliment and contrast.

      Delete
  5. Well, it can be a pretty green, under the right circumstances...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have to be balanced by complimentary or contrasting colours.

      Delete
  6. Green is a nice color--one of my favorites. It's also my wife's favorite color though I don't know that she'd like broccoli green. Now I'm wondering though if there is an expensive franchise that's painted green? I know the Starbucks logo is kind of a broccoli green, but I don't know about the restaurants (if you can call them restaurants).

    Now I'm curious to know about their restaurant investment.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green is my color, as well. Broccoli green in our small rooms would be overwhelming. I am thinking it is expensive, but Claudia has the money and her family will help out, as well. It would be at least 150K.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!