Wednesday, February 25, 2015

In Search of....

Leonard Nimoy
Every person is in search of something, whether it is glasses, car keys, a library book.  Searching for something can be applied for such simple items as these, or for something much grander, elusive, possible or impossible. 

This leads to a television show narrated by Leonard Nimoy, “In Search of….” where Nimoy (with his recognizable voice) leads the viewers through history.

"Before we unlock the future we must find the keys to the past.  I am Leonard Nimoy. Join me and open the door to the Ancient Mysteries beginning now.  
Machu Pichu, Peru
Wandering Trader
Then he shares the histories of Pompeii, the Pyramids, Camelot, Astrology, the Vikings, Atlantis, Macchu Picchu, Blood and honor at the first Olympics, Blood and treasure in Peru...the list is long and engaging.
What amazed me is, of course the list of fascinating events and place, but also Leonard Nimor himself.  Where does an actor go or what does he do after being known for a SyFy show that establishes a genre new to viewers?

Nimoy did act on stage successfully and in various television shows, but it is his voice, so recognizable and enigmatic.  Just with his voice, viewers are grabbed to watch long (sometimes) episodes about the mysteries that captured others, including myself.

Live long and prosper!


25 comments:

  1. I agree. There are many actors that have that voice but none quite as connected to one show as Mr Nimoy is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you hear his voice, you know it is Mr. Nimoy. Also, there are Patrick Stewart and Morgan Freeman.

      Delete
  2. Him and Morgan Freeman sure have voices that one can instantly recognize

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good actors with voices such as these continue to work long after the wrinkles start.

      Delete
  3. He's the perfect voice to narrate something like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Search Of...a continuation of a theme.

      Delete
  4. His is the voice everyone recognizes immediately - and likes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His voice puts a quality stamp on the project.

      Delete
  5. I'd add Alan Alda to the list. They participate in some great education for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He has a great voice.
    I remember that show. Watched it all the time. Both because it was fascinating and because it was Nimoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you...all seasons of this show are for sale on Amazon; I did not look at the price.

      Delete
  7. Leonard Nimoy has always had a special affinity for mysteries, poetry, puzzles, speculation and enigma --can't figure out why I'm so fond of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it is definitely his voice. For you? I think you and he are much the same.

      Delete
  8. OMG, I had not thought of In Search of... in years. I loved that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The years manage to go by, don't they?

      Delete
  9. I don't recall that show ever being on our screens here downunder. Now that I know about it I'll certainly look out for it, just in case it makes it to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would probably be on a Nat'l Geo, maybe?

      Delete
    2. That would be Foxtel? I don't have Foxtel or cable/satellite anything. Just our regular broadcast channels. I can't afford the other.

      Delete
  10. I never saw that show, but agree that his voice is always recognizable. Someday I'd love to visit Macchu Picchu and Pompeii.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sadly, Leonard Nimoy died today, Feb. 27. He was 83 years old. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!