Monday, December 22, 2014

Oh, Santa.


The year 1959 was a year of change for my family.  We moved onto a farm where we would live until 1995.  So many adventures and so many memories arise from that time.

But, here is one memory that we were fortunate to miss.  I never knew that side of Santa Claus’ life, which apparently originated from Mexico. “Santa Claus”, produced in 1959, was translated into English.  Apparently, it received the “Golden Gate” award for family films. This is not necessarily a good thing. 

(Recently in his blog, Alex J. Cavanaugh had informed the blog world about an up-coming opportunity to enjoy the talents of three comedians as they provided commentary during this totally awful film.  It was in theater for one night only, December 4th.)

Alex-the-wise
My birthday!!  On my birthday, John and I celebrated by going to see this treasure through Fathom Events.  You may not know of or even remember “Mystery Science Theater 3000”.  Those of us, who laughed ourselves silly then, were able to relive those days and watch another gem, hosted by RiffTrax Live: Santa Claus. Here is a trailer:




The movie is thoroughly ridiculous, Santa Claus is totally creepy, and the three actors who commentate as the film progresses are brilliant.  You may watch the film in its entirety on YouTube.  Fast-forward may be essential here.

P.s.  This film presents a different view of the many facets of Santa's personality. I didn't know, I just didn't know.

P.S.S.  This is my last post until January 9th,.  God bless you all.

19 comments:

  1. So glad you got to enjoy it on your birthday!
    Santa, Merlin, and Satan - what a great combination for a family Christmas movie.
    Have a Blessed Christmas and we'll see you in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ga-lumpa, ga-lumps, Merlin.

      And a wonderful Christ-mas to you as well.

      Delete
  2. I will look it up.

    Have a wonderful Christmas, Susan, and may 2015 be kind to you and yours.
    Arleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas Susan....we'll see you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song! Have a wonderful Christmas!

      Delete
  4. haha yeah it was one horrible movie, bet it was fun listening to them indeed. Hope you have a great christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful Christmas - you will be returning on my smaller portion's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Santa has creeped me out for a loooong time. Guilty conscience?

      Delete
  6. Stupid movies : why are they SO enticing?

    Enjoy your Christmas and New Year celebrations . I'll miss your posts but look forward to the first one of 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! See you in January.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi human, Susan,

    That was one minute and forty five seconds of silliness I shall never get back. Of course, being a dog, times that time by about seven.

    A peaceful, hopeful Boxing Day Eve to you. All the beast, um, best for a wonderful 2015.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't remember there being any movies about Santa Claus when I was a kid, perhaps I just didn't see them, but I don't recall kids at school talking about any either. I remember in later years seeing movies such as A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and others with a Christmas Theme, there was a Shirley Temple one. But that was quite a few years after TV finally came to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS; almost forgot...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! And Happy New Year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely memories, thanks for sharing, Susan, and a very Happy Christmas to you and those you love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah what wonderful nostalgia, its great seeing Santa in action, hehe. Merry Christmas Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your holiday season has been going well. Stay warm--it's been chilly here in L.A.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a really amazing 2015 so far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday to you! I'm here to wish you a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!