Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wednesday Words: Phlegm

got mucus
what can I say

Ben stared through the bars as he groaned at this unjust incarceration.  What had he done?  Just the usual stuff, but this time?  I got caught big time.

He coughed up a ball of green-yellow phlegm, spitting it on the floor beyond the bars.  Heh, heh, heh… Ben had been charged with disturbing the peace, marking graffiti on public walls, and destruction of property.

That last one gave him joy.  With just a plastic knife, Ben had sliced up a piece of furniture, tossing foam and stuffing everywhere.  Good times.


Ben then realized that his diaper was beyond damp, it was dripping.  “MAMA!” he cried, with big tears.  Sometimes the not-yet-potty-trained times were a blessing.


For all familiar with Samuel:  Yes, Ben could be his successor.  He won't be, though.

Many thanks to Delores who creates a list or two of six words each.  The bold & underlined words are from her selection.  Click on the summery creek above to access her site, which presents participants on the right sidebar.  Some good reading to be had at that site!

28 comments:

  1. You had me for a minute there thinking we had a hardened criminal behind bars....give him a year....he WILL be a hardened criminal lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the twist at the end. Very clever Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love having a twist. Usually the character gets to go to Las Vegas.

      Delete
  3. lol could give Samuel a run for his money indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,

    I also thought it was about an adult criminal. Then the clues dripped out :) Nice one and time for me to um take a "nappy"

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nappies are always handy to keep around!

      Delete
  5. always interesting---you have a great way with all the words--can smell them even ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it! I see you're always up for a good challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you! Love Delores and her challenges!

      Delete
  7. Hmm. I have a nephew Ben, and you have told (one of) his stories. Well.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if all little toddlers are such?

      Delete
  8. Good one! Ya got me. I I didn't see that ending coming. Great job with the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another fun challenge from Delores, and my twisted mind.

      Delete
  9. LOL! That one caught me off guard. I only began to suspect something when the plastic knife came into play. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the plastic knife...did not know a way around that.

      Delete
  10. At first I thought "WHAT!" Then I laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, i did more than chuckled. I might have snorted some phlegm of my own. You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phlegm is one of the curses we all share.

      Delete
  12. I thought you were going in a dark direction at the beginning. It was a relief to see it was just a relative (younger brother?) of our beloved Samuel. Oh my, poor mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a relative, just another little boy who will need to be watched.

      Delete
  13. Poor Ben, a phlegmy cold AND a wet nappy?
    *must remember to hide plastic knives when great nephew visits*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any plastic item, toy hammer, etc. can be used in unusual ways.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!