Friday, February 28, 2014

Red Boots by Susan E. Kane for her grandchildren

Clip Art of a Pair Of Red Boots
Source
I’m puttin’ on my red boots, red boots, red boots on—
Puttin' on my red boots and goin' to town.
Gonna' buy myself a puppy, eyes big and brown..
#
Source: johnny_automatic
Buy yourself a puppy with your red boots on?

Red boots, red boots, red boots on---
Puttin' on my red boots and goin' to town
Gonna' buy myself a cookie, crunchy and round.
Source

Buy yourself a cookie with your red boots on?

Red boots, red boots, red boots on---
Puttin' on my red boots and goin' to town
Gonna' buy myself a bunny, soft as down.


Buy yourself a bunny with your red boots on?

Red boots, red boots, red boots on—
THEN

Mama said, “No, you can’t go to town
With your red boots on. 
No puppy, no cookie, no bunny, no town. 
Yer stayin’ home with your red boots, red boots, red boots.
You are stayin’ home with those red boots off."

For my grandchildren by Susan E. Kane © Copyright




25 comments:

  1. All little kids love red boots, especially because they glisten in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book should have a CD with it too. I was totally sing-songing all the way through! :)

    Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to smile at this one. I remember when my youngest daughter in about third grade somehow acquired some shiny red boots (I don't recall where she got them) and she wore those things everywhere for a while. She looked so funny, but cute. I pictured her in those red boots as I read your story.

    Now she's 25 with a five year old daughter. I wonder if my daughter will ever get her daughter some red boots like that.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandpa should get her some red boots before she grows much older!

      Delete
  4. Lovely...
    Red is a color that can brighten our moods.( Today I was thinking I should wear a red scarf at least. I love red).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Red is my new favorite. spent too many years with blacks and blues. It's a red time.

      Delete
  5. I loved it, but shouldn't it have more of a happy ending? Won't the kids be disappointed no dog, no cookie, no bunny? Anyhow, thanks for the book recommendation, I put in on my Wish List.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what my gr-daughters could do if they could go to town (w/out me and Mommy) in their red boots!

      Delete
  6. haha awesome job, funny how they get all ready to go, then nope, you and your red boots are staying home

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a spoilsport. No-one ever lets us have ANY fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OKAY, then. Put your red boots on, and you may go to town....I like molasses cookies.

      Delete
  8. Grandma wouldn't say that, though. Grandma's like red boots in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmas would join the child, wearing her own red boots!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Puppy, cookie, bunny....what else? Hmmmmm

      Delete
  10. Awww, Mama...you can come with me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I should buy red rubber boots for my great nephew when he is three, then I'll take him puddle-stomping like I took my kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must take some red boots with me to Switzerland for my gr-son....he'll be two then!

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!