Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Christmas is over


Christmas is done and gone.  Praise be to God!
Christmas lights:  check

Outdoor Christmas glitz: check

Indoor Christmas memorabilia: check

Fake tree: check

Ornaments: check

Nativity set: check

Poinsettia--almost dead: check

Unsent Christmas Cards: check


Pretty much everything that starts with Christmas is put away in some logical place which we will forget this December.

But still remaining is a Shrine to Benjamin (our grandson from Switzerland)---we cannot bear to put away.  It took sooo long to create, hammer and nail, sew and stitch, blanket and pillow, and even two lamb skins from CostCo (bought years ago). 

We had three baskets of toys, some with toys left over from our gr-daughters who are now in double-digits, additional toys we bought with "Oh, he'll love this!"
Grandpa reading one of our B/N purchases
Barnes & Noble love us.

So it is that, now, February 29, a Leap Year, we are packing it all up.


One of the three piles of toys
Although 1:3 baskets of toys have yet to be completely bagged and sealed.  And Benjamin's favorite toy--a magnificent T-Rex that roars, walks, and moves it jaws--remained here because Benjamin loved it way too much.
  
Benjamin loved it, carried it everywhere by the tail.

28 comments:

  1. I can't see the pictures of toys, but I'm sure they're fantastic! My wife likes everything to do with Christmas down on New Year's Eve, but our little one would have the lights up all year if she could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took the stuff down in big droves, and kept the toys out. To maintain our memories maybe?

      Delete
  2. No pictures for me, either. I have a friend who keeps outdoor lights blazing until it quits snowing. She likes the way they look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that, with the snow. It seems a cheerful thing to do.

      Delete
  3. Since we have way too much junk put everywhere, I wanted my wife and her mother to just leave the Christmas stuff out to save the effort of trying to put it away and having to dig it back out next season. They like doing things the hard way, it seems. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to do what you have to do, Jerry.

      Delete
  4. Only 9 months or so, then a digging once more you'll have to go haha pics also didn't show, hmph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each year we reduce the # of Christmas knick knacks. Only two boxes to go.

      Delete
  5. Even though I put "everything" from Christmas away in January. I am still finding things. Some of them have been very obvious, but for some reason, I don't see them. I think it is probably because I'm done with the holiday and don't want to deal with it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is also how I feel. But, if I find something obvious and in line of sight, then I put them on a shelf in the closet, with other found things.

      Delete
  6. Sorry I can't see the images.
    You realize now that you've said that, you're going to find some random Christmas item you missed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. No images here either - except that happy ones your words have put in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! I don't know why they did not come up.

      Delete
  8. Its always neat to find one tucked away somewhere that you thought was lost or thrown out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our wreath is always last to go, makes it to April some years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not here. They dry out like worms on a hot sidewalk.

      Delete
  10. I can't see the pix either. We always take ours down by 12th Night. By that time I have had enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12th night? Have not heard that for a while, to the point that I am not sure what they mean.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations. I have one wooden Santa that stays all year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a cardinal that rests on the piano.

      Delete
  12. Benjamin? Am I missing something here?
    I still have the battery operated star lights up in my entry, but they're not very Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then you are safe. Benjamin is our grandson who lives in Switzerland. Far far away.

      Delete
  13. Your pictures didn't upload, but I sure got a chuckle out of the almost dead poinsettia and unspent Christmas cards comments. Those were the very things I debated buying because poinsettias outlive their welcome and I only bought cards for those folks who'd sent me one. And still they sit, stamped, partially addressed, reminding me what a wasted effort that was. Can't wait to be a grandma. I'm gonna go nuts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me...being a grandma is the most amazing experience. The babies love us, can't wait for us to visit...but, now the girls are 10 and almost 12. Sigh.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!